White Actors Only Given 57% Of Roles ( = Below Their Population Proportion)

2 hours ago, fools said:

Being observant, I noticed your post on the matter was full of misinformation.

Linking the absurd over reaction to 2 people taking a stroll, coffee in hand, to stop and search policies and whatever else you are alluding to is quite a stretch.

You didn't read my post correctly.

I was juxtaposing the apparent contentment of the so called 'silent majority' with tough policing of mainly black young people to their howls of outrage over 'treatment' of the 2 ladies taking a walk.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Well spotted 👍

By the way what's 'anti woke policing '?

It's where 6 police officers attend a scene to remove golly-dollies because they're 'offensive', but there's no one available to investigate theft/rape/murder etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

If you or the people you know think that the ripping down of Coulston's statue is 'woke ballcox', well so what.

Almost everyone does, though, as I said before, the great majority would not call it "woke", they tend to use words like "ridiculous" instead.

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

I will mention that when those 2 ladies arrested for having a wander through the Derbyshire Dales drinking peppermint tea during the Covid-19 pandemic, the reaction of the tabloids and callers to phone-in programmes was predictable. 

These ladies weren't as far as I'm aware beaten up, patronised, humiliated or mistreated by the police. Nevertheless, the response of the tabloids and the so called 'silent majority' was fury.

What happened to those ladies was outrageous. and made all the worse by it being officially sanctioned.

The response was not as furious as it should have been

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

Yet, apparently the silent majority seem to have no problem with random stop and searches of young people, 'anti woke' policing, or humour that seeks to disparage minorities.

"Anti woke policing" ? I have never heard of it. 

"Woke policing", I have heard of that, and it should be scrapped, all of it. It is not the job of the police to tell people

what they should be thinking, and it is not a crime to insult anyone, and nor should it be. Ironically, many of those most proud of their virtue signalling and "empathy" are the most guilty of insulting people and being generally personal and unpleasant on forums, one, @Beechwood_S6 even has "Be kind" as his signature. Bare faced hypocrisy, but true.

There are loads of them, Sibon, Hectate, Steve whatever his name is, etc etc, though I wouldn't really tar you with that brush.

>>humour that seeks to disparage minorities.<<

As I said nobody has a right not to be upset (apart from, to a certain extent, kids at school because they have no choice but to be there), for me humour should come above pretty much everything. Personally I do not approve of racist jokes, particularly when told be people I know are a bit racist, though I'm not quite so offended when told by someone I know is not racist.

Edited by Chekhov

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Almost everyone does, though, as I said before, the great majority would not call it "woke", they tend to use words like "ridiculous" instead.

I'd question how you know that "almost everyone" does think that the ripping down of the statue was "woke" or "ridiculous".

As I said previously, I've listened to people who don't experience the sustained discrimination as some groups in society do, and have no shared history of the brutality committed against people similar to them, fully understand why the killing of George Floyd provoked the reaction that it did.

It's all very well for people who have never been affected by constant prejudice or bigotry from the authorities to be dismissive of cries of protest by people who have been. But the point comes from the old saying "before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes."

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What happened to those ladies was outrageous. and made all the worse by it being officially sanctioned.

The response was not as furious as it should have been

Do you not see the hypocrisy of typically right wing commentators, who so often set the agenda, being remarkably relaxed about innocent black people being treated in a severe manner by the police; but nevertheless were outraged by the giving of fixed penalty notices of 2 middle aged ladies for breaking Covid-19 laws?

35 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'd question how you know that "almost everyone" does think that the ripping down of the statue was "woke" or "ridiculous".

As I said previously, I've listened to people who don't experience the sustained discrimination as some groups in society do, and have no shared history of the brutality committed against people similar to them, fully understand why the killing of George Floyd provoked the reaction that it did.

It's all very well for people who have never been affected by constant prejudice or bigotry from the authorities to be dismissive of cries of protest by people who have been. But the point comes from the old saying "before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes."

Do you not see the hypocrisy of typically right wing commentators, who so often set the agenda, being remarkably relaxed about innocent black people being treated in a severe manner by the police; but nevertheless were outraged by the giving of fixed penalty notices of 2 middle aged ladies for breaking Covid-19 laws?

Where are you when innocent white folk get severely treated or shot by cops?

The people who pulled down the statue committed a premeditated crime which was witnessed and recorded.

They should have been found guilty and mitigating factors submitted to influence sentencing.

If those people are so incensed by Mr. Coulstons method of gaining his wealth they should demand all the buildings and other benefits from his money be destroyed as well as the statue.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why wasn’t there such a massive reaction and lack of convictions for the Sasha Johnson shooting ?

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Why wasn’t there such a massive reaction and lack of convictions for the Sasha Johnson shooting ?

I wonder......

Ms Abbott was quick to get on her race baiting box after that wasn't she.

🙄

Edited by Al Bundy

56 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well... considering GF was a known violent drug user, i don't fancy having a go at walking in his shoes!