White Actors Only Given 57% Of Roles ( = Below Their Population Proportion)

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Well... considering GF was a known violent drug user, i don't fancy having a go at walking in his shoes!

The same shoes maybe that he used when robbing a woman at gun point!!!

And yet there are statues erected celebrating him!!

Clown world.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 12:05, Mister M said:

Do you not see the hypocrisy of typically right wing commentators, who so often set the agenda, being remarkably relaxed about innocent black people being treated in a severe manner by the police; but nevertheless were outraged by the giving of fixed penalty notices of 2 middle aged ladies for breaking Covid-19 laws?

I heard none of that. Since Covid I tend to listen to TalkRadio (until they start banging on about immigration or Brexit......) and I did not hear any "right wing commentators" being relaxed about Black people being beaten up - or worse - by police. For example Julia Hartley Brewer was outraged about it.

On 10/04/2023 at 12:05, Mister M said:

I'd question how you know that "almost everyone" does think that the ripping down of the statue was "woke" or "ridiculous".

I have never met anyone who thinks ripping down statues of historical figures is a good idea. Nobody at all, zilch, zero.

Exactly who are all these people demanding it ?

I do not think it is mere co-incidence that all this mushroomed during the Covid lockdowns, people were just not thinking straight.

Edited by Chekhov

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have never met anyone who thinks ripping down statues of historical figures is a good idea. Nobody at all, zilch, zero.

Exactly who are all these people demanding it ?

I do not think it is mere co-incidence that all this mushroomed during the Covid lockdowns, people were just not thinking straight.

Any statues of Monarchs can come down in my book, Sheffield's Edward VII (only reigned 9 years the lazy sod), Victoria and Albert statues have long since had their day.

Most of the other statues in Sheffield are to people who achieved great things and promoted social justice so they're fine by me.  

11 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Any statues of Monarchs can come down in my book, Sheffield's Edward VII (only reigned 9 years the lazy sod), Victoria and Albert statues have long since had their day.

Most of the other statues in Sheffield are to people who achieved great things and promoted social justice so they're fine by me.  

What a shock.

2 hours ago, Norbert said:

I take it you're not into history ?
Well actually we know you aren't, because you have, more than once, said Covid was exceptional........

12 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I take it you're not into history ?
Well actually we know you aren't, because you have, more than once, said Covid was exceptional........

I've a house full of history books, I sell history books on eBay, my partner is a history teacher, probably the most important thing people get wrong about history is 

that it's about Kings and Queens.

Covid was evidently exceptional in my lifetime, no other pandemic has killed and seriously harmed multiple of my family and friends. 

4 hours ago, Norbert said:

I've a house full of history books, I sell history books on eBay, my partner is a history teacher, probably the most important thing people get wrong about history is 

that it's about Kings and Queens.

Covid was evidently exceptional in my lifetime, no other pandemic has killed and seriously harmed multiple of my family and friends. 

>>Covid was evidently exceptional in my lifetime<<

That depends how old you are !

If Covid had happened 150 years ago it would have passed unnoticed.

If it'd happened 100 years ago it would have been a footnote in the history books.

Even 50 years ago nothing at all would have been done.

>>I've a house full of history books, I sell history books on eBay, my partner is a history teacher<<

So you will know what I said above is correct.

I am a bit surprised you say you have a house full of hiostory books, generally people into history have a well developed sense of perspective.

Edited by Chekhov