Ladies! remember lost fav perfumes of our 'teens'?

Just now, Heartshome said:

Yes! 4711 first produced in the 1790s, and still going strong.

It was my Gran's fav perfume in the 60s, she never went out without a dab of it behind each ear,

and on the inside of her wrists.

Errm! No! never heard of that one! :confused:

I made that up after hearing a rather attractive women claim she used it!  :)

On 24/05/2023 at 16:16, lovelace said:

My favourite,  and still to this day,  was SEA JADE by Yardley.        I can afford the posh ones these days but I'd give anything for a bottle of Sea Jade.        Also I got a tiny little bottle of  old-fashioned Gardenia scent, it was gorgeous,   but I could never find it again.      Gucci do one now,  Gorgeous Gardenia,  but it's rubbish.

BRUT is still  fantastic,  for both sexes.     I buy it for my husband then pinch it for myself.

A girlfriend, who I subsequently got engaged to, bought me a bottle of Brut aftershave in 1966 when it first appeared and I've used it ever since; not the same bottle, may I add! The engagement fizzled out, but at least my liking for Brut remained.

echo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, echo beach said:

A girlfriend, who I subsequently got engaged to, bought me a bottle of Brut aftershave in 1966 when it first appeared and I've used it ever since; not the same bottle, may I add! The engagement fizzled out, but at least my liking for Brut remained.

echo.

"Real men don't wear sent!"  Lol

But back when I was a young man, that tiny bottle of Chanel No.5 was a guaranteed killer gift. Today Red Door is in demand where I live.

18 hours ago, trastrick said:

"Real men don't wear sent!"  Lol

But back when I was a young man, that tiny bottle of Chanel No.5 was a guaranteed killer gift. Today Red Door is in demand where I live.

Yes,  'real men' would probably prefer the aroma of Eau de BeeOh to Brut!

Educated 'real men' on the other hand would know the difference between sent (verb) and scent (noun).

echo.

4 hours ago, echo beach said:

Yes,  'real men' would probably prefer the aroma of Eau de BeeOh to Brut!

Educated 'real men' on the other hand would know the difference between sent (verb) and scent (noun).

echo.

Oh, pardonne-moi!

But back in the day we had lavs, not loos (guardez l'eau). Spice, not bon bons. Boozers, not bistros, Chips not frites, Cake not gateau, and yes Virginia, sent (sic), not fragrances or parfum.

Drop words like that in the local boozer, and real men would give you smile.  :)