Margaret Nicholls - Teacher Of Music

I am trying to trace Margaret who was born in 1923. In 1951 she was living with her family at 141 Howard Road, Walkley and was a qualified Teacher of Music.  She had a brother, Colin, who had been training as a Dispensing Optician.  And that is it. Any information or clues would be much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Neville Duncan said:

I am trying to trace Margaret who was born in 1923. In 1951 she was living with her family at 141 Howard Road, Walkley and was a qualified Teacher of Music.  She had a brother, Colin, who had been training as a Dispensing Optician.  And that is it. Any information or clues would be much appreciated.

Hi Neville. Don't know if this info helps you !

ARNOLD NICHOLLS married ALICE S ASKIN 1920  Ecclesall Beirlow Registered

COLIN NICHOLLS - born 1921 Mother Askin                        "                  "                   "

MARGARET NICHOLLS - born 1923 Mother Askin            "                  "                   "

Death - 1994 Sheffield - COLIN NICHOLLS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1939 register Sheffield  - 141 Howard Road

ALICE S NICHOLLS - born 1889

COLIN NICHOLLS - born 1921

MARGARET ( Evans ) NICHOLLS - born 1923        = married name was added on later transfer

( no mention of Arnold in Sheffield at this date ) 

Death - ARNOLD NICHOLLS - Sheffield 1967 age 71

"        - ALICE SABRINA    "     -          "           1974 age 85 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found their marriage:-

1958  Sheffield:-

RALPH B EVANS born 1925 married MARGARET NICHOLLS born 1923

Regards Heartshome.

Edited by Heartshome
more info
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, John cooper said:

I have valuable information regarding st Mathias school how do ì get replays? ⁰

Sorry for your frustration! but this message on here, isn't going to help!

Please appreciate, some people only look at the Forum at weekends,  plus!

at the moment, so many people have gone away on holiday  for Easter.

If someone reads it and IS interested in the information you have, they WILL reply to you!

You have to be a little patient!

The other option for you, is to put a post on the   -  Sheffield History Forum

and see if you get a replies on there.

Regards Heartshome.

1 hour ago, Neville Duncan said:

Heartshome.

Being old and mentally feeble, I forgot to ask a question; am I correct in thinking that you just like a cerebral challenge rather than having intimate knowledge of the named people?

Hi Neville. Yes my friend! I just love to help where and when I can, having had the same quest

myself for someone in my family. - Searched for my friends lost Aunt.  - Another friend her paternal

Grandfather. - And am just helping someone else trace their family. - It is most rewarding  to be able

to assist someone, or at least point them in the right direction.

Good luck to you, hope you do find her life story eventually, it would be nice for you. Heartshome💖

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2023 at 18:00, Heartshome said:

Sorry for your frustration! but this message on here, isn't going to help!

Please appreciate, some people only look at the Forum at weekends,  plus!

at the moment, so many people have gone away on holiday  for Easter.

If someone reads it and IS interested in the information you have, they WILL reply to you!

You have to be a little patient!

The other option for you, is to put a post on the   -  Sheffield History Forum

and see if you get a replies on there.

Regards Heartshome.