Who Would You Pick As Best Ever Owls Player ?

bassett one

Great thread Bassett. From a personal point of view it's my old heroes that stick with me the most, the ones I watched when I was a lad and first started attending games.

We've had some great players down the years and you mention Waddle who was indeed fantastic, remember the West Ham game I think it was when he turned the full back inside out all game, think it was David Burrows but the memory isn't what it was.

Then we have David Hirst, what mores to be said although the name is slightly tarnished after the fall out over his lad. Di Canio, wow, what a player he was, Des Walker, Tommy Craig,Nigel Pearson, Mick Lyons, Don Megson, Colin Dobson etc,etc,etc. Funnily enough Mick Lyons was at the Everton game the other night. Lives in Oz now and has been diagnosed with dementia god bless him.

They're big name players but we still have to remember some of the unsung heroes like Terry Curran, Roger Wylde, Eric Potts, Tommy Tynan, Jeff Johnson, Denis Leman, David Sunley etc,etc,etc. Never reached the heights of the afore mentioned but were instrumental at a time in the clubs history where and when we needed them.

But I'll have to go for my all time favourite which would be John Fantham. Enough said.

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Johny Fantham , Sheffield born , followed by Waddler, Springett and Jackie Sewell all England internationals .

Bloody heck Cuttsie Sewels well before my time,

Best passer Shez.

Most entertaining Waddler.

hard working Palmer

Finisher,Hirst

Goalie Springett

defender Rolly.

hard to pick one from that lot.

2 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Bloody heck Cuttsie Sewels well before my time,

Best passer Shez.

Most entertaining Waddler.

hard working Palmer

Finisher,Hirst

Goalie Springett

defender Rolly.

hard to pick one from that lot.

Nearly before mine as well , but it was Jackie who got me interested in Sheffield football it was in all the papers and comics when he signed . No family pressure or dressing babbies up in club colours , let the kids make their own minds up .