Your Best Eleven.

KP Nuts

8 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

You know Jim, when they were playing I'd be at Hillsborough one week and t'lane the next but we always stood on the away end at t'lane. They made me and my mate chuckle did them two, strange how some things stick with you isn't it.

I had a juvenile’s season ticket at the lane for a couple of seasons.  16 bob for 21 first division games.

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

I had a juvenile’s season ticket at the lane for a couple of seasons.  16 bob for 21 first division games.

I got my first season ticket at Hillsborough for the North Stand for £5, season 65/66, season after it went up to £6-6 shillings.

Paid on the gate at the lane. Can you remember the turnstile from the shoreham street end onto the john street terracing (inside the ground) or did I dream that?

Then later on when I started working I worked more or less opposite the players entrance and if we were working all day Saturday i'd clock off early when united were at home or just work the morning when Wednesday were.

3 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

I got my first season ticket at Hillsborough for the North Stand for £5, season 65/66, season after it went up to £6-6 shillings.

Paid on the gate at the lane. Can you remember the turnstile from the shoreham street end onto the john street terracing (inside the ground) or did I dream that?

Then later on when I started working I worked more or less opposite the players entrance and if we were working all day Saturday i'd clock off early when united were at home or just work the morning when Wednesday were.

I seem to remember it labeled up as TRANSFER. There might have been one at Hillsborough from the kop to the the old stand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I seem to remember it labeled up as TRANSFER. There might have been one at Hillsborough from the kop to the the old stand.

Really? I can't remember the one at Hillsborough. Then again, I didn't venture into that area at all. I was usually up near the scoreboard area when on the kop.

5 minutes ago, Moistened said:

If it's just players I've seen then it'd be a full United 11.

I'm 30 too,  crazy to think how superior the Blades have been for more or less my entire living memory.

Yeah, you're still wet behind the ears.