Who Benefits From The War In Ukraine?

18 minutes ago, cressida said:

At the moment the answer appears to be no-one,  certainly not the Ukrainians,  and I'm uncertain about what Macron and Ursula can achieve in China.

Well they say that war is always good for business

Weapon sales, the disruption of trade and resources.....just look at the increase in profits for the oil companies

Politically this war may actually get rid of Putin which i think most of the west wants

NATO & The EU will be looking to expand further East

There are so many factors to who benefits from this war.

But people should also look at the reasons that Russia has invaded Ukraine....there are always two sides to a story some would say that they have a good case for war

Edited by Jack Grey

"But people should also look at the reasons that Russia has invaded Ukraine....there are always two sides to a story some would say that they have a good case for war"

I agree with The Daddy on this,  a minority of Russians were being harassed  in the Ukraine and from there everything kicked off.

As ever the the Military Industrial Complex will make Billions from this situation.

Imagine all the equipment that has been used, all the tanks and bombs and bullets and other material that has been destroyed.

It all needs replacing and there will be a demand for new improved,more plentiful  more expensive kit.

And don't forget the rebuilding of destroyed infrastructure, money to be made.

The best description of how it works was given by General Smedley Butler one of the most decorated US Marines. 

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/191777-war-is-a-racket

If that link doesn't work google war is a racket by Smedley Butler. After a long and distinguished career he realised that he and his comrades had been used by Big Business. 

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I'm uncertain about what Macron and Ursula can achieve in China.

Me too Cressida.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors!? Would have been an interesting topic of debate, oh well! ;)

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

If Putin can keep NATO out of Ukraine, the west will not be able to site missiles pointed in his direction, in his backyard.

Don't Russia have missiles located in Belarus, or at least, are planning to locate missiles in Belarus? All a bit concerning, missiles pointing at each other...

Edited by Waldo

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Me to Cressida.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors!?

Don't Russia have missiles located in Belarus, or at least, are planning to locate missiles in Belarus? All a bit concerning, missiles pointing at each other...

Oh Hello

Welcome to the thread 👍

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

If Putin can keep NATO out of Ukraine, the west will not be able to site missiles pointed in his direction, in his backyard.

Putin's border with NATO doubled yesterday precisely because he invaded Ukraine.

NATO and the EU haven't been asking former Soviet block countries to join them. Those countries have been the ones asking to join. You need to ask yourself why they would want to align themselves with the west rather than Putin's Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at replies so far, the war certainly seems to benefit conspiracy theorists à la Russell Brand, George Galloway and assorted other ‘influencers’ 🙄

I know this is Sheffield Forum and Sheffield is generally pink-to-red in political terms, but…

…the tankies in here! My eyes, my eyes! 😂

Edited by L00b
  • Haha 1