Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Accrington Fc

bassett one

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Forgive my uselessness.

So Plymouth at 4/7 are more likely to gain promotion than Wed at 2/7?

Yes?

On one site Wed are 1/2 for automatic and 11/2 for promotion.

So if we don't get automatic, we're unlikely to win the playoffs.

Yes?

No, less likely.  If you bet £7 on Wednesday getting promotion you'll only win £2 then you get your £7 back = £9 in total.

If you have £7 on Plymouth you'll win £4 plus your £7 back making £11.

So for the £7 bets they'll only risk giving you £2 back for Wednesday but £4 back for Plymouth so the think Wednesday are more likely.

When you look at the forward slash /  the number on the left of the slash is what the bookies will pay in relation to the number on the right which is the amount that you have bet. Just fractions really.

So people don't just bet in £7 or whatever, they might have £10 bet on. In that case, to calculate the returns you'd get, divide the bet you had on, say £10 by the number on the right, then multiply it by the two numbers (left and right of the /) added together.

So £10 at 4/7 would return 10 divided by 7= 1.4285714 multiplied by 11 (4 +7=11) = £15-72.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

Farcical, there was clearly nothing wrong with him.

I thought so at the time, but it looks like the ref got the decision correct, just left with the rule that's wrong.

5 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

The opponent has to be the last to touch the ball as well I believe, but yeah I was a bit non plussed by that and a few other decisions, especially the north stand side Lino

I must admit that I thought the same until I came across this on an alternative site that I'm sure we're all familiar with.

Rule 8 says

2. Dropped ball

PROCEDURE

The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:

the ball was in the penalty area or

the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area

In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official

10 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

No, less likely.  If you bet £7 on Wednesday getting promotion you'll only win £2 then you get your £7 back = £9 in total.

So for the £7 bets they'll only risk giving you £2 back for Wednesday but £4 back for Plymouth so the think Wednesday are more likely.

When you look at the forward slash /  the number on the left of the slash is what the bookies will pay in relation to the number on the right which is the amount that you have bet. Just fractions really.

So people don't just bet in £7 or whatever, they might have £10 bet on. In that case, to calculate the returns you'd get, divide the bet you had on, say £10 by the number on the right, then multiply it by the two numbers (left and right of the /) added together.

So £10 at 4/7 would return 10 divided by 7= 1.4285714 multiplied by 11 (4 +7=11) = £15-72.

We would calculate

£10 at 4/7  like this. 10x4 divided by 7 then add your £10 stake.

i had swfc to win league £5 bet at 5-1 = inc stake £30

i had barnsley £3 bet at 12-1 = inc stake £39

i had derby £2 win @ 10-1 =inc stake £22

i had portsmouth to go up any way at 4-1 x £2 =£10

i had barnsley to go up any way at 4-1 x £2=£10

and swfc at 7/4 x £2 =£5.50

all fun bets and if i win anything its for next season bets

but its more can i predict than winning and no i did not use my crystal ball from padders

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i had swfc to win league £5 bet at 5-1 = inc stake £30

i had barnsley £3 bet at 12-1 = inc stake £39

i had derby £2 win @ 10-1 =inc stake £22

i had portsmouth to go up any way at 4-1 x £2 =£10

i had barnsley to go up any way at 4-1 x £2=£10

and swfc at 7/4 x £2 =£5.50

all fun bets and if i win anything its for next season bets

but its more can i predict than winning and no i did not use my crystal ball from padders

I hope your top one comes in mate, burgers galore then.😉

3 hours ago, KP Nuts said:

Thanks KP. I've got the before slash and after slash figures wrong.

Good job I don't bet!???

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alextopman said:

It's caused some arguments in this family.

My relatives were the first legal bookies in Sheffield.

So I have been told.

No to the first question.

I think your second question should say 2/11 not 11/2.

If not I've £20,000 spare for that bet.

The actual price is:-

Champions 5/2

Promoted 3/10

Up via playoffs 11/2

7 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The actual price is:-

Champions 5/2

Promoted 3/10

Up via playoffs 11/2

Not quite what this said.

7 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Forgive my uselessness.

So Plymouth at 4/7 are more likely to gain promotion than Wed at 2/7?

Yes?

On one site Wed are 1/2 for automatic and 11/2 for promotion.

So if we don't get automatic, we're unlikely to win the playoffs.

Yes?

Anyway the confusion with that is Wednesday are favoured to get in the first 2 at 1/2 so just to be in the playoffs is odds against plus what price to win them if that happened.

Which company is it by the way?.

Edited by Alextopman

18 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

That's what I told you.

You're welcome by the way.

I have thanked you Alex, about 10 mins before this post by you. I needed the before/after slash figures explaining. KP did that. It's my misunderstanding to blame.

I understand 3/1 easily, but my tiny brain needs a month to understand 2/9 or 2/7.

Why not keep it simple for thickos?

In a nutshell, stop using stupid odd blinkin' numbers.

• Haha 1