Burnley V Blades.

Padders

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Agree Alex,

What should have been an entertaining encounter spoilt by a red card, after only 17 minutes....

Can't comment on the sending off, dint see it..

Was it justified?

Expected a loss, shame it happened the way it did....

Anyway no worries, still in pole position..........

yes padders , he should have just booted it away but tripped him instead!!!

Edited by monzaman
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Was it justified?

Well, it was Padders but some of these defenders try and be clever when all that's required is belting it out of play. Can't complain too much though, it is one of the reasons we love the game and after all, well I'll leave it at that.πŸ˜€UTO.

Sorry for the late reply, but i'm sat in the rear of a car on my way back from an away match. It may be unfamiliar territory for a good few of the Blue and White contingencyon here, who's definition of 'away' is watching the game in a room other than the living room sofa. It's a shame Kelvin can't organise a minibus or D-taxi for you all in his whatsapp group, then you could actually follow your team on the road??

Β 

Anyway back to the game.

Β 

Quite simple really, I don't feel like Burnley have won the game as such... but more we have lost the game. I feel Burnley were remotely average and there for the taking had it not been for mistakes.

Β 

The red card is a red, no questions about it. But as much as you blame Wes, you have to also lay the finger of blame at Robinson as well... if he does the sensible thing of sending that ball into row Z, then he takes the rash decision away from Wes in the first place. Basics of football! It's early in the game and we are still finding our feet. Put it high in the stands and get back and regroup! Evm if Wes shouts, take the decision away from him.... do the basics right and play sensible.

Β 

After that I feel we didn't really have the shape to get forward and test Burnley. I think we needed legs in midfield and positive mided changes would have to be made in order to prevent it being stale and a defensive game. That said, I don't think Burnley caused us many problems first half, or to be fair the majority of the game.

Β 

The second mistake for me was the lack of changes by Hecky. Burnley spent the majority of the game battling in Midfield and fresh legs would have asked questions of them. I would have whipped Norwood off and to be fair Bogle was ineffective as well... McBurnie and Ndiaye werent ever going to get much luck without those legs coming through Midfield.... for me McAtee needed introducing and the shape needed a rethink. Burnley werent all that at all...

Β 

I am genuinely confused as to why Hecky would run the players into the ground pressing the game, when earlier changes wod effectively help us to push forward and take the pressure off.... it was unnecessary .inutes and exertion.

Β 

Davies then has to shoulder blame as well. He was rusty and showed a lack of game time... he flapped and contributed to the result...

Β 

But.....

Β 

We placed ourselves in a position where we had earnt ourselves a free hit as such tonight, so there is no major harm done. Burnley werent two goals better than us and with 11 men I feel we would have more than have held our own. It is what it is.... individual errors.

Β 

We will bounce back from thay without problem.... on to the next one.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Monkesreturn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkesreturn said:

Sofa for the late reply, but i'm sat in the rear of a car on my way back from an away match. It may be unfamiliar territory for a good few of the Blue and White contingencyon here, who's definition of 'away' is watching the game in a room other than the living room. It's a shame Kelvin can't organise a minibus or D-taxi for you all in his whatsapp group, then you could actually follow your team on the road??

Β 

Anyway back to the game.

Β 

Quite simple really, I don't feel like Burnley have won the game as such... but more we have lost the game. I feel Burnley were remotely average and there for the taking had it not been for mistakes.

Β 

The red card is a red, no questions about it. But as much as you blame Wes, you have to also lay the finger of blame at Robinson as well... if he does the sensible thing of sending that ball into row Z, then he takes the rash decision away from Wes in the first place. Basics of football! It's early in the game and we are still finding our feet. Put it high in the stands and get back and regroup! Evm if Wes shouts, take the decision away from him.... do the basics right and play sensible.

Β 

After that I feel we didn't really have the shape to get forward and test Burnley. I think we needed legs in midfield and positive mided changes would have to be made in order to prevent it being stale and a defensive game. That said, I don't think Burnley caused us many problems first half, or to be fair the majority of the game.

Β 

The second mistake for me was the lack of changes by Hecky. Burnley spent the majority of the game battling in Midfield and fresh legs would have asked questions of them. I would have whipped Norwood off and to be fair Bogle was ineffective as well... McBurnie and Ndiaye werent ever going to get much luck without those legs coming through Midfield.... for me McAtee needed introducing and the shape needed a rethink. Burnley werent all that at all...

Β 

I am genuinely confused as to why Hecky would run the players into the ground pressing the game, when earlier changes wod effectively help us to push forward and take the pressure off.... it was unnecessary .inutes and exertion.

Β 

Davies then has to shoulder blame as well. He was rusty and showed a lack of game time... he flapped and contributed to the result...

Β 

But.....

Β 

We placed ourselves in a position where we had earnt ourselves a free hit as such tonight, so there is no major harm done. Burnley werent two goals better than us and with 11 men I feel we would have more than have held our own. It is what it is.... individual errors.

Β 

We will bounce back from thay without problem.... on to the next one.

Β 

Β 

Like you say monkes no damage done. Still in our hands!!!

1 minute ago, Monkesreturn said:

Sorry for the late reply, but i'm sat in the rear of a car on my way back from an away match. It may be unfamiliar territory for a good few of the Blue and White contingencyon here, who's definition of 'away' is watching the game in a room other than the living room. It's a shame Kelvin can't organise a minibus or D-taxi for you all in his whatsapp group, then you could actually follow your team on the road??

Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β Did you pop in to see Esther whilst you were over there?