Easter Sermons.

The Archbishop of Canterbury told the faithful this Easter Sunday that unless we abandon our greed, we will be responsible for the death of our planet..

Hmmm,

I'm not sure that I can take a lecture on greed from a man who heads one of the Western World's richest institutions.

As we huddle under a patio heater to stay warm while having a fag in the rain, his Bishops are living in palatial splendour with banqueting halls, wondering where to invest the next billion.

And are the churches open at night as shelter for the homeless and the weak? No, they are locked lest someone should decide to redress the inequalities of Western society by half-inching a candelabra and fencing it to to buy Easter Eggs.

Then we must ask how much old Justin really understands about the implications and causes of global warming, he thinks that taking a holiday in Florida and driving a Range Rover causes flooding, but then he also believes it's possible for a man to walk on water, and feed a crowd of 5,000 with nothing more than a can of sardines......

In Britain, this summer is forecast to be baking hot by the BBC's hysterical news channel, it won't be, it will be wet and soggy, much like all the Summers of my youth.

And the only reason we will get floods is because we've all block paved our drives and built houses on the flood plains, so the water has nowhere to go apart from Mrs Miggins front room..

In the light of all this, I would like Justin Welby to come out from behind his eyebrows and tell us how many people have been killed by greed-induced global warming, because even the most swivel eyed lunatic would be hard pressed to claim that many..

Meanwhile, I reckon the number of people killed over the years by religious wars is about 809 million, I'll tell you this Justin, Many, many more people have died in the name of God than were killed in the name of Hitler...

Between about 1100 and 1270 the crusades killed 1-5 million. way more than has been killed by patio heaters and Range Rovers combined..Then there was the 30years war, which reduced Europe's population by 7-5 million. And the slaughter is still going on today in Ukraine and Russia and Palestine and Israel.

Benazir Bhutto was killed by a religious nut, not a homeless  Polar Bear.

If, however, old Justin wants to bring peace and stability to the World, if he really believes Britain can be a force for good and a shining beacon in troubled times, then I urge him to close the Church of England....

If we can demonstrate that we can survive without a Church-and note that on Good Friday 750,000 more people shopped online than went to church, you could argue we already do..

Then, who knows, maybe the mad Mullahs and left footers might follow suit.

I genuinely believe we are born with a moral compass and don't need it reset every Sunday morning  by some weird beard communist in a dress..

Morally, the World would be no worse if religion were to be abolished.. Practically, it would be much, much better. And so, given the choice of what we should give up, God or the Patio Heater, the choice is simple................

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Padders said:

The Archbishop of Canterbury told the faithful this Easter Sunday that unless we abandon our greed, we will be responsible for the death of our planet..

Hmmm,

I'm not sure that I can take a lecture on greed from a man who heads one of the Western World's richest institutions.

As we huddle under a patio heater to stay warm while having a fag in the rain, his Bishops are living in palatial splendour with banqueting halls, wondering where to invest the next billion.

And are the churches open at night as shelter for the homeless and the weak? No, they are locked lest someone should decide to redress the inequalities of Western society by half-inching a candelabra and fencing it to to buy Easter Eggs.

Then we must ask how much old Justin really understands about the implications and causes of global warming, he thinks that taking a holiday in Florida and driving a Range Rover causes flooding, but then he also believes it's possible for a man to walk on water, and feed a crowd of 5,000 with nothing more than a can of sardines......

In Britain, this summer is forecast to be baking hot by the BBC's hysterical news channel, it won't be, it will be wet and soggy, much like all the Summers of my youth.

And the only reason we will get floods is because we've all block paved our drives and built houses on the flood plains, so the water has nowhere to go apart from Mrs Miggins front room..

In the light of all this, I would like Justin Welby to come out from behind his eyebrows and tell us how many people have been killed by greed-induced global warming, because even the most swivel eyed lunatic would be hard pressed to claim that many..

Meanwhile, I reckon the number of people killed over the years by religious wars is about 809 million, I'll tell you this Justin, Many, many more people have died in the name of God than were killed in the name of Hitler...

Between about 1100 and 1270 the crusades killed 1-5 million. way more than has been killed by patio heaters and Range Rovers combined..Then there was the 30years war, which reduced Europe's population by 7-5 million. And the slaughter is still going on today in Ukraine and Russia and Palestine and Israel.

If, however, old Justin wants to bring peace and stability to the World, if he really believes Britain can be a force for good and a shining beacon in troubled times, then I urge him to close the Church of England....

If we can demonstrate that we can survive without a Church-and note that on Good Friday 750,000 more people shopped online than went to church, you could argue we already do..

I genuinely believe we are born with a moral compass and don't need it reset every Sunday morning  by some weird beard communist in a dress..

Morally, the World would be no worse if religion were to be abolished.. Practically, it would be much, much better. And so, given the choice of what we should give up, God or the Patio Heater, the choice is simple................

Feel better?

He should be more concerned that Christians now a minority in England and Wales for first time.....he'll be out of a job soon

Christians now account for less than half of England and Wales' population for the first time in census history, government figures reveal.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) results show that 46.2 per cent of the population (27.5 million people) described themselves as 'Christian' in 2021. This marks a 13.1 percentage point decrease from 59.3 per cent (33.3 million people) in 2011. 

The census data also shows that every major religion increased over the ten-year period, except for Christianity. 

Despite this decrease, 'Christian' remained the most common response to the question about religion. 'No religion' was the second most common response, increasing to 37.2 per cent (22.2 million) from 25.2 per cent (14.1 million) across the ten-year period.

Other results from the census show that in 2021, 81.7 per cent (48.7 million) of usual residents in England and Wales identified their ethnic group within the 'White' category - a decrease from 86.0 per cent (48.2 million) in the 2011 Census.

The next most common ethnic group was 'Asian, Asian British or Asian Welsh', accounting for 9.3 per cent (5.5 million) of the overall population. This ethnic group saw the largest increase from 2011, up from 7.5 per cent (4.2 million people).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/11/29/uk-census-christians-now-minority-england-wales-first-time/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Hmmm,

If, however, old Justin wants to bring pOne eace and stability to the World, if he really believes Britain can be a force for good and a shining beacon in troubled times, then I urge him to close the Church of England....

One of the best posts ever posted Padders , Just one point .       I differ on the weird communist in a dress .

Most religions are are right wing as is the Church of England and the most right wing of all the Roman Catholic Church .

In the Spanish Civil war (1936 til 1939 ) The Church and its high ranking Bishops took the side of Franco who oppressed and executed the Communist lead republicans .

The Church in England has always been on the side of the ruling classes  the coming bun fight in Westminster will show that in just a few weeks time .

Every time the Status Quo has been threatened the attempts have been over thrown by the full power of the state , 

Cromwell tried it ( the greatest Englishman ever in my opinion)  . He failed .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

One of the best posts ever posted Padders , Just one point .       I differ on the weird communist in a dress .

Most religions are are right wing as is the Church of England and the most right wing of all the Roman Catholic Church .

In the Spanish Civil war (1936 til 1939 ) The Church and its high ranking Bishops took the side of Franco who oppressed and executed the Communist lead republicans .

The Church in England has always been on the side of the ruling classes  the coming bun fight in Westminster will show that in just a few weeks time .

Every time the Status Quo has been threatened the attempts have been over thrown by the full power of the state , 

Cromwell tried it ( the greatest Englishman ever in my opinion)  . He failed .

The Church of England is not right wing

Its the most woke religion on the planet 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Hmmm,

That's a damn fine post there Padders 👏👏👏

I'm loving the humour you add to what is a serious message. Excellent 👌

My cap is well and truly doffed 🙏

• Thanks 1