Coronation

Just now, Organgrinder said:

That's something else they have fooled you with.  There is tourism in every country.

Obviously 🙄

But the Kings Coronation may be a once in a lifetime event for people so they will make an effort to be there.

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

What about the money the monarchy generates for the tourism industry?  It has been reported the Coronation itself will give the UK economy a £1 billion boost. 

I think during your bouts of delusion you have misread certain reports,  the figure of £1billion is more likely to be the total cost of this Pantomime and the annual cost of the up keep of the disfunctionals.  :roll:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I think during your bouts of delusion you have misread certain reports,  the figure of £1billion is more likely to be the total cost of this Pantomime and the annual cost of the up keep of the disfunctionals.  :roll:

. A consultancy firm, which provides an annual report on the estimated total value of the Monarchy, has estimated that the Coronation will drive an extra £1billion for the UK economy.

David Haigh, CEO of consultancy firm Brand Finance, told Express.co.uk: “It is going to produce a significant return, the uplift substantially exceeds the cost.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1728140/king-charles-coronation-cost-uk-economy-pubs-hotels-shops

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Obviously 🙄

But the Kings Coronation may be a once in a lifetime event for people so they will make an effort to be there.

Fine,  That's up to them.

Just wouldn't like to think that was the most amazing thing to  happen in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Heaven forbid that this country celebrates anything.

Always summat to get outraged about.

Not outraged at all.  that's usually your forte

Just stating our views as you often do.

It's just that, not everybody thinks that we have much to celebrate when we as a country are always skint and  always at the bottom of the pile whatever you care to mention.

Edited by Organgrinder

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Heaven forbid that this country celebrates anything.

Always summat to get outraged about.

Some people believe that we should be ashamed of ourselves and that we owe the world a debt

Luckily they're a tiny minority of people

1 minute ago, Axe said:

They would say that wouldn't they as royalists and Tories?

So they are also chucking money away on firms of consultants to tell us OUR MONEY IS NOT BEING WASTED!

I honestly can't believe you lot.

I think you actually deserve a fairy tale coronation as a reward for being so naive.