Coronation

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Apparently...

MM studied the life of Princess Di which says to me she understood the life into which she was entering.

And the 'civilised USA'??? That's funny because we're told that the USA is racist so why would she want to live over there???

👏

41 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I always got the impression that Meghan Markle was horrified to find the Royal family so backwards, living in draughty old castles, with archaic traditions and unable to enjoy the finer things of life because of their position.

So instead of being treated like a queen (well...princess) she was thrust into a relatively spartan life of restrictions and duty and had to keep her mouth shut as well. 

She couldn't leg it back to the civilised USA fast enough, where the rich know how to live, enjoying their wealth and privilege. Harry has also now had a taste of the good life, American style, and doesn't particularly want to come back to the UK.

Who can blame him... 

My feeling is, good riddance to the pair of them.

I would have taken their titles back too.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

My feeling is, good riddance to the pair of them.

I would have taken their titles back too.

Apparently if their titles are removed then Harry Hewitt reverts back to Prince which makes her a princess. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently if their titles are removed then Harry Hewitt reverts back to Prince which makes her a princess. 

I never knew that.  What a crazy setup.

The only solace is, that she doesn't appear to have managed to get along with anybody for very long so their wedded bliss may not be till death do them part.

I do feel sorry for the kids though.

41 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Apparently...

MM studied the life of Princess Di which says to me she understood the life into which she was entering.

And the 'civilised USA'??? That's funny because we're told that the USA is racist so why would she want to live over there???

I imagine MM's idea of studying Princess Di didn't progress much beyond watching what clothes she wore. She certainly didn't understand she'd have to keep her opinions to herself if they involved politics (and what doesn't?) and walk behind Harry and respect protocol.

I think the British racism card was overegged. The people loved her at first. However she regarded herself as equal to Harry which in the Royal hierarchy she wasn't, but she just wouldn't take a back seat. And that rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. 

Better to be the undisputed Star of the Meghan and Harry show in America.

Edited by Anna B

59 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I never knew that.  What a crazy setup.

The only solace is, that she doesn't appear to have managed to get along with anybody for very long so their wedded bliss may not be till death do them part.

I do feel sorry for the kids though.

My bold

Yeah she certainly comes across as very abrasive 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I imagine MM's idea of studying Princess Di didn't progress much beyond watching what clothes she wore. She certainly didn't understand she'd have to keep her opinions to herself if they involved politics (and what doesn't?) and walk behind Harry and respect protocol.

I think the British racism card was overegged. The people loved her at first. However she regarded herself as equal to Harry which in the Royal hierarchy she wasn't, but she just wouldn't take a back seat. And that rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. 

Better to be the undisputed Star of the Meghan and Harry show in America.

Do you know , I never looked at Markle and thought she was black . I know she is dark but I thought she had a Mediterranean or Hispanic look .  I never thought of her as black until she mentioned (race card ) it . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Do you know , I never looked at Markle and thought she was black . I know she is dark but I thought she had a Mediterranean or Hispanic look .  I never thought of her as black until she mentioned (race card ) it . 

She isn't black.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

She isn't black.

She says shes black....when it suits her

Well, im off to Thailand today....i'll have to find a British bar somewhere to watch it

Its been emotional........have fun guys 👍

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

She isn't black.

She is absolutely gorgeous and Harry is a hunk.  

5 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Well, im off to Thailand today....i'll have to find a British bar somewhere to watch it

Its been emotional........have fun guys 👍

Have a great time Jack x

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1