Coronation

On 10/04/2023 at 09:44, Delayed said:

Can we not actually celebrate anything as a nation? 

I'm no royalist but it's nice to see the country come together over something for a change. 

Other than the inevitable disappointment of an England football loss

Is it bringing people together if loads of people don't want it?

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

Quite correct

And also,  don't want to pay for it.

Poor people are already paying for their gas & electric bills, together with home upkeep, cars, servants and food.

Just a little bit of thought, from those at the top,  might go down well in these hard times.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Morning Cressida.

If only it was that easy!!

I wouldn't like to be married again,  not easy to get out of it,  don't be like some men with difficult relationships who pass themselves off as single though it would get even more complicated.

Good morning Al

👍

Edited by cressida

14 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wouldn't like to be married again,  not easy to get out of it,  don't be like some men with difficult relationships who pass themselves off as single though it would get even more complicated.

👍

In fairness,  people of both sexes do that

37 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Monarchists don't appear to realise that royalty is actually divisive. Many of us regard it as anachronistic nonsense and would like to have it done away with.

It also prevents anyone who believes in their word being their bond from certain professions. If you will not give an oath of allegiance to an institute that you don't believe in then you cannot join the police or the military, be a magistrate or a member of the judiciary.

Obviously, if like Charles taking an oath with no intention of keeping it isn't a problem to you, away you go.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Quite correct

And also,  don't want to pay for it.

Poor people are already paying for their gas & electric bills, together with home upkeep, cars, servants and food.

Just a little bit of thought, from those at the top,  might go down well in these hard times.

A lot of those poor people are having their rent and bills paid for them by those working - the people on benefits that I see being able to go on holiday and have nice cars etc.

At least with the Coronation I get a day off, and the royals don't stand on their front doorstep smoking all day in their dressing gowns.

• Sad 1