Coronation

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

It is the institute that I object to. It is divisive, anachronistic and completely undemocratic.

Divisive because it prevents anyone with actual integrity who believes in honouring any oath they take from taking part in a number of activities in this country. Unless you are prepared to swear an oath to the monarch you can not join the military or the police, become a magistrate, be employed in the judiciary or become an MP, among other things.

Anachronistic in that it makes the country look like Ruritania and provides amusement to others in the same way that the Kardashians do.

Undemocratic because the Head of State is decided by birth and the monarch interferes with government policy, despite that being denied.

The Prime Minister is required to take the time to visit the monarch every week while parliament is in session in order for the monarch to         ' advise ' the PM about policy. The monarch influences policy, that is totally undemocratic.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/07/revealed-queen-lobbied-for-change-in-law-to-hide-her-private-wealth

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/08/queen-power-british-law-queens-consent

Incidentally I don't read the Guardian, but as it's the only paper which isn't apparently completely pro royal it's the one with the examples.

Anyone wanting to disagree with these links attack the message not the messenger. Are they false? If so provide proof.

Obviously we will not agree but after reading your views I still believe the Institution is worthwhile.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Obviously we will not agree but after reading your views I still believe the Institution is worthwhile.

Fortunately we live in a country -  like the majority of countries these days -  which does not as yet ban free speech, so we are both entitled to our opinion.

Nothing will change in this country in the foreseeable future, so monarchists have absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

On 19/04/2023 at 17:29, Palomar said:

Above are 2 miniature portraits of you crying - boo hoo young people are politically engaged, boo hoo people care about things, boo hoo I'm no longer relevant

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/apr/21/dont-knock-king-charles-coronation-it-could-be-up-there-with-its-a-knockout

Ahh, bless, the spiteful luvies are going to be really upset when millions of folk celebrate the coronation.

Their collective misery and hope that it's a damp squib is so sad.

Gosh, aren't they just vile and incredibly childish.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/apr/21/dont-knock-king-charles-coronation-it-could-be-up-there-with-its-a-knockout

Ahh, bless, the spiteful luvies are going to be really upset when millions of folk celebrate the coronation.

Their collective misery and hope that it's a damp squib is so sad.

Crikey, it's that evil rag, The Guardian's, biggest fan and supporter again.  happy coronation Mr Bundy, we don't wish you any harm at all.

I think they're going to put your taxes up to pay for it afterwards but I know you'll not mind so, all's well that ends well.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Crikey, it's that evil rag, The Guardian's, biggest fan and supporter again.  happy coronation Mr Bundy, we don't wish you any harm at all.

I think they're going to put your taxes up to pay for it afterwards but I know you'll not mind so, all's well that ends well.

Are they ? Really?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Are they ? Really?

Been to pub again I see.  You want to cut down a bit, that orange juice at Birley's strong stuff.