Coronation

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/21/will-the-coronation-bring-a-tourism-bonanza-or-drive-them-all-away

Absolutely straining every sinew they have to put a negative slant on it.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

I don't like the Eurovision song contest. Imagine me going all in and saying how crap it was and I think it's poo therefore I hope it's miserable and it fails!!!

Their bitterness and misery is absolutely frightening.

31 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/21/will-the-coronation-bring-a-tourism-bonanza-or-drive-them-all-away

Absolutely straining every sinew they have to put a negative slant on it.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

I don't like the Eurovision song contest. Imagine me going all in and saying how crap it was and I think it's poo therefore I hope it's miserable and it fails!!!

Their bitterness and misery is absolutely frightening.

They do it to wind you up knowing you are their most avid reader.  Seems to work every time so they are good at something.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/king-coronation-public-swear-allegiance-b2329608.html

"Millions watching the coronation around the world are to be asked to cry out and swear allegiance to the King, with the public given an active role in the ancient ceremony for the first time in history.

Charles’s coronation has been modernised to include the first ever Homage of the People.

Lambeth Palace said it was hoped the significant change to the historic service will result in a “great cry around the nation and around the world of support for the King” from those watching on television, online or gathered in the open air at big screens."

Might just manage to give it a body swerve.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/king-coronation-public-swear-allegiance-b2329608.html

"Millions watching the coronation around the world are to be asked to cry out and swear allegiance to the King, with the public given an active role in the ancient ceremony for the first time in history.

Charles’s coronation has been modernised to include the first ever Homage of the People.

Lambeth Palace said it was hoped the significant change to the historic service will result in a “great cry around the nation and around the world of support for the King” from those watching on television, online or gathered in the open air at big screens."

Might just manage to give it a body swerve.

Anyone who swears allegiance to this...⬇️

Screenshot-20230429-234713-Google.jpg
Screenshot-20230429-234639.jpg
Screenshot-20230429-234608.jpg
Screenshot-20230429-234532.jpg

....has issues..

8 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

All armed forces personnel, the judiciary, police and those working for anything preceded with the initials HM have already sworn allegiance to The Crown, so nothing new.

That excludes many millions  who are bring asked to "cry out and swear allegiance". Armed forces, judiciary, police and "HM" are a small minority of the population.

Edited by Longcol

Just now, Longcol said:

That excludes many millions  who are bring asked to "cry out and swear allegiance". Armed forces, judiciary. police and "HM" are a small minority of the population.

Yes. They are being asked, not required to do so.  Politeness itself.