Coronation

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I never suggested my post was in good taste. I'm just putting the pictures of King Charles III

associating with the alleged most prolific paedophile in UK history out there. If you have a problem with that then ask yourself why.

The pictures were of a much younger Prince Charles, who at the time,  (like most of us all)  probably hadn't the slightest clue about Savile's evil deeds.  I don't have a problem with that knowledge.  I just don't think they have anything to do with the Coronation Thread, other than your tasteless and pointless view.

Back on topic now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

The pictures were of a much younger Prince Charles, who at the time,  (like most of us all)  probably hadn't the slightest clue about Savile's evil deeds.  I don't have a problem with that knowledge.  I just don't think they have anything to do with the Coronation Thread, other than your tasteless and pointless view.

Back on topic now.

My bold.

Wow. You're really scraping the barrel with that excuse for our King associating with a prolific paedophile. 

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Wow. You're really scraping the barrel with that excuse for our King associating with a prolific paedophile. 

Wonder how many pedos the Pope has been photographed with?

Not to mention the BBC's movers and shakers?

And the Hollywood icons and celebs that fill the news these days?

Edited by trastrick

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

You're the one scraping the barrel with your contributions regarding our King and Savile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Why can't people just take the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

Hatred and bitterness only eats up the person harbouring it.

Mad isn't it.

If you don't want to enjoy it or celebrate it, dont but let others enjoy it without abuse.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Why can't people just take the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

Hatred and bitterness only eats up the person harbouring it.

I'm a republican and think that the whole thing is an undemocratic load of nonsense which makes the country look like Ruritania.

Having said which, if people enjoy it I'm happy for them. He's not my king and although I had some respect for his mother because of the way she conducted herself she wasn't my queen.

Holding a point of view is one thing, trying to spoil things for those who hold differing views is another. Personally I hope the weather holds out for the street parties and everyone has a good time. 

I find it strange that the English in particular don't seem to be able to enjoy themselves as a nation unless they are instructed to do so by royalty. I was in Keswick on St Georges Day and there was nothing to show for it. I'm half English, think the world of the country itself and would have no problem raising a glass to St George..

• Like 1