Coronation

10 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I think it will be a fantastic day watching a farce costing millions especially for people on food banks, struggling with energy bills, Mortage payers and the stŕuggles with the crippling cost of living, I just hope the Royals and the hangers on have a fantasic day and not worry too much about the struggling majority of this country,  ahhhh! Bless em.  :roll:

Look on the bright side as there is no rationing to hamper the celebrations which was the case in 1953 at the last Coronation. 

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The Coronation was as much to do with the British People themselves, as it was about the Royals.

Celebrating their history, from Alfred the Great, through Magna Carta, Civil War, to Elizabeth 11. and their precious, and very rare democracy, living in freedom from foreign domination, since 1066.

Britain, never will be slaves goes the tune, but today many are willing to be dominated, by the EU, who in turn are dominated by Germany, and who find themselves in yet another European War.

Enjoyed reading this. I agree.

59 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Enjoyed reading this. I agree.

I don't know which bit you enjoyed but I disagree.

Britain is not dominated by the EU any more than we are by any other nation or bloc, who have financial clout and on whom we depend for our needs.

We are out of the EU but suddenly just realised that their trade and co-operation was more important than we thought.

Our history only becomes important when those at the top want to hold a big party.   The rest of the time, they are busy thinking of new restrictions for us.

We are slaves to trade,  especially since our governments got rid of all our main employers and left us dependent on other nations for almost everything we need.

Trastrick's  stirring words are a sham.  He doesn't like this country, couldn't wait to get away, and has lived abroad for many years. 

9 hours ago, harvey19 said:

How would the country be defined ?

As it currently stands the country is defined on the front of the passport. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In the course of time that will change as the last three words will disappear.

A country is its land and its people. It is perfectly acceptable to refuse to swear allegiance to a fallible human being. Particularly so in this case when the man in question has demonstrated that he had no problem giving an oath to his first wife with no intention of keeping it as he spoke the words. He has now installed his mistress as queen and many people seem to accept that without question.

That is entirely their prerogative, as a republican it is of little concern to me.

A country is innocent, its people have more decent ones among them than evil ones. That applies to every country on earth. Unfortunately what also applies is that those who rise to power have a tendency to put self interest and the pursuit of more power before any love of country.

Swearing allegiance to such people is not the thing to do.

9 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

In 1953 our war weary and financially poorer country saw a very elaborate and grand coronation.  I suppose there were a few who moaned about the cost of it then, but it is OUR heritage too.   If there were a poll, I expect the resounding majority of the UK would be FOR the Monarchy and a coronation ceremony to be proud of.

Well I have heard it all now!  Our weary  and Financially Poor had to  suffer further  whilst the wealthy chucked a Coronation in their faces because the Powers that Deem say so, and has for been proud of the Monarchy thats a Joke!  A Mommy thats pays for her Sons connection to a  Peodo ring to go away instead of facing justice in which people around the World saw, how embarrassing and digusting. :roll:

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't know which bit you enjoyed but I disagree.

Britain is not dominated by the EU any more than we are by any other nation or bloc, who have financial clout and on whom we depend for our needs.

We are out of the EU but suddenly just realised that their trade and co-operation was more important than we thought.

Our history only becomes important when those at the top want to hold a big party.   The rest of the time, they are busy thinking of new restrictions for us.

We are slaves to trade,  especially since our governments got rid of all our main employers and left us dependent on other nations for almost everything we need.

Trastrick's  stirring words are a sham.  He doesn't like this country, couldn't wait to get away, and has lived abroad for many years. 

Wrong, as usual!

I was hoping to spend my retirement there, and actually did, from 2000 to 2005!  :)

What you lot have done to the country, Hitler never imagined in his wildest dreams!

As you say, "Slaves to trade", and "dependent on other nations", 

And the people dependent on government handouts, and regulated how to live in every element of their basic  lives.

Resulting in the hate and division in society, and the spiraling, unsustainable National Debts that one day soon, will inevitably come due.

Hey, It isn't just me complaining, look at your threads on this Forum!  :)

But in my opinion, it doesn't have to be this way! In a democracy, people get the government they deserve, no more. no less.

Enjoy yours, you have earned it!  :)

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

As it currently stands the country is defined on the front of the passport. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In the course of time that will change as the last three words will disappear.

A country is its land and its people. It is perfectly acceptable to refuse to swear allegiance to a fallible human being. Particularly so in this case when the man in question has demonstrated that he had no problem giving an oath to his first wife with no intention of keeping it as he spoke the words. He has now installed his mistress as queen and many people seem to accept that without question.

That is entirely their prerogative, as a republican it is of little concern to me.

A country is innocent, its people have more decent ones among them than evil ones. That applies to every country on earth. Unfortunately what also applies is that those who rise to power have a tendency to put self interest and the pursuit of more power before any love of country.

Swearing allegiance to such people is not the thing to do.

I agree again

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Well I have heard it all now!  Our weary  and Financially Poor had to  suffer further  whilst the wealthy chucked a Coronation in their faces because the Powers that Deem say so, and has for been proud of the Monarchy thats a Joke!  A Mommy thats pays for her Sons connection to a  Peodo ring to go away instead of facing justice in which people around the World saw, how embarrassing and digusting. :roll:

I agree again.

I believe he's wrong regarding "If There Was A Poll" too.

People predict the answer would be evenly divided but the sheer fact that they will not agree to a poll, tells me that they are afraid they would lose.

Lovely skit on the 'The Windsors Coronation Special' last night, where in order to downsize and save money, Prince William decided to hold the Coronation at the Holiday Inn in Slough.

Very funny, (and isn't it great that this sort of satire and irreverence is allowed in our country.)

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Lovely skit on the 'The Windsors Coronation Special' last night, where in order to downsize and save money, Prince William decided to hold the Coronation at the Holiday Inn in Slough.

Very funny, (and isn't it great that this sort of satire and irreverence is allowed in our free country.)

I watched that. It as very funny.  Especially the Harry & Meghan characters.  As Meghan would say, "Remember to live in your knowing."  😂

Just now, Anna B said:

Very funny, (and isn't it great that this sort of satire and irreverence is allowed in our country.)

Bread and circuses, to keep the hoi polloi amused, while the Nation is going to hell in a handbasket!  :)

Your statement says it all about the countries abject subservience to your masters, the powers that be:

"isn't it great that this sort of satire and irreverence is allowed in our country".

Just think about that for a moment!