Coronation

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Nor mine. 

If I met him,  I would be as polite as I am with everybody else but,  I would not refer to him as your majesty,  I would not call him Sir and, I would not bow

There's nothing anybody could do about that so, I don't know what makes ECO think he's the decider of anything at all let alone whether we have a king.

It is that very attitude which will help  to create a republic.  We are a free people and we will stay free. 

The monarchists have a king and the rest of us don't.

Sounds like the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!! 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Hold those views by all means - I used to think the same and have never been a Royalist. But, I do appreciate the pomp and circumstance as it sets us apart from other countries as nobody does it better!

But, for most of your post, you could say the same for those Republicans looking to disrupt the service. You yourself, in the same post, bemoan people not being allowed to have different beliefs while insulting those who have different beliefs. Yet more hypocrisy from certain sections of society.

The more that certain people and sections of society push against England/Great Britain, the more patriotic it makes me want to be. I was never really that proud of the Union Jack, but when I watch programs about our armed forces and the contribution we have made to the world in many areas, and continue to do so, it makes me proud that such a small island has had such an impact.

So, by all means have a differing view and I appreciate that, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

Yeah... probably better to just send everyone in the country the £1.42 to help end the poverty

I am not looking to disrupt any service.

How have I insulted those who have different beliefs?

Where's the hypocracy in what I said?

You are doing exactly what I have just complained about.              If you enjoy having him as your king, then that's fine.  Don't for one minute try to tell me what I must believe.

I am not the slightest bit interested in your patriotism.  That is down to you and your beliefs and I would not interfere with that

In return,  you don't interfere with mine.

Edited by Organgrinder

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Nor mine. 

If I met him,  I would be as polite as I am with everybody else but,  I would not refer to him as your majesty,  I would not call him Sir and, I would not bow

There's nothing anybody could do about that so, I don't know what makes ECO think he's the decider of anything at all let alone whether we have a king.

It is that very attitude which will help  to create a republic.  We are a free people and we will stay free. 

The monarchists have a king and the rest of us don't.

Bet he would be absolutely gutted.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You are doing exactly what I have just complained about.              If you enjoy having him as your king, then that's fine.  Don't for one minute try to tell me what I must believe.

I am not the slightest bit interested in your patriotism.  That is down to you and your beliefs and I would not interfere with that

Please explain why HE is not your king as in reality you have no say in the matter.

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I didn't say YOU were...

The hypocrisy is you saying people should respect your belief and then you effectively call monarchists children by saying it is people "acting out fairy tales" and you seeing the whole system as "stupid play acting". If you don't agree, fine, just calm it with the insults if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm not telling you to 'believe' in it (although it's daft that you don't considering it is actually happening - probably better to say you don't agree with it...)

39 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Yeah... probably better to just send everyone in the country the £1.42 to help end the poverty

Not only the money, I wonder if we don't just look like a small, silly Ruritanian Country with delusions of grandeur, dreaming of our long gone  days of Empire. (Which just about sums us up actually.)

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not only the money, I wonder if we don't just look like a small, silly Ruritanian Country with delusions of grandeur, dreaming of our long gone  days of Empire. (Which just about sums us up actually.)

As I said in my other post - I don't think it's a delusion, considering the impact our tiny nation has had on the world.

I know it's divisive at the moment, but if it weren't for the Empire would the world have become as cosmopolitan and such a melting pot of cultures and ideas?