Coronation

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Annnnd, he's off!!!

Love dumplings.

Yet another non- entity contribution,  the reason being,  is because your done, so why bother posting, your embarrassing yourself.

22 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

A dewy morning in Heeley Green , Sun peeping through disappearing  over night rain clouds , A smell of spring in the air while on thi way tut paper shop for a bar of five boys .

I know tha misses it , we all do .

The good and great are all being seen on TV , They are all best pals wi Charley boy , only Rolph Harris and Jimmy Savile missing ( among others ) .

Tha's gorra reight way wi words Cuttsie! Tha captures all t' suttle nuances an all..

Like walking down t' gennel,  past Lawson's field, late for school as usual. It's Monday. Today we have history, and arithmetic -bloody logarithms.

But the sun's shining over the pristine Gleadless valley and up near Norton is this bright yellow cornfield.

That's it then. I'm going to try to make my way  there, as the crow flies, and lie down in the sun and try to avoid any truant officers, Freedom!

Will worry about the consequences tomorrow!

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

I think the king looks as great today as he did way back when.

Nick Cave has a nice take on today:

Cave described himself as “not a monarchist, nor am I a royalist, nor am I an ardent republican for that matter”.

But he added “what I am also not is so spectacularly incurious about the world and the way it works, so ideologically captured, so damn grouchy, as to refuse an invitation to what will more than likely be the most important historical event in the UK of our age. Not just the most important, but the strangest, the weirdest.” ...

In reply to the letter writer from the UK, who asked, “What would the young Nick Cave have thought of that?!”, Cave wrote “the young Nick Cave was, in all due respect to the young Nick Cave, young, and like many young people, mostly demented, so I’m a little cautious around using him as a benchmark for what I should or should not do. He was cute though, I’ll give him that.”