Coronation

8 minutes ago, altus said:

Yesterday's route was 1.3 miles compared to the 5 mile route in 1953 so, with nearly 4 times the length,  there was certainly more capacity for in person viewers then . London Transport reckon 3 million people viewed the 1953 coronation in person. I'd be surprised if yesterday's total exceeded that by much - certainly not enough to affect the proportion of the population as a whole who watched it.

My apologies. I meant to write "I do NOT argue with you " etc.

Don't know what happened to the no !!!!!

18 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh you mean those protesters who were arrested for affray and vandalism offences and illegally carrying materials which could be used to secure themselves or cause other types of public disorder.   Note these protesters also included several just stop oil morons who clearly not there to protest anything to with the coronation were they?

Besides, there were several thousand protesters in London, Glasgow and Cardiff yet only 52 were reportedly arrested. To me, that's not the 'authorities blocking people's right to protest'.  That's the police doing their job to stopping law breaking and public disorder disruption. It's what they are there to do. 

:thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I was unable to watch all of  coronation yesterday but I did record it. I’ve watched the coronation service today and I thought it was emotional especially when Charles said, 

I came not to be served but to serve, or something similar.

pleased I managed to watch some of the pageantry on a large public screen, it was a lot better than watching it on TV.

I'm sure he sincerely means he wants to serve. 

He  founded the Prince's Trust some years ago and much has been done by the organisation to help young people coping with problems.

Some of them were guests at the Coronation Service  apparently.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh you mean those protesters who were arrested for affray and vandalism offences and illegally carrying materials which could be used to secure themselves or cause other types of public disorder.   Note these protesters also included several just stop oil morons who clearly not there to protest anything to with the coronation were they?

Besides, there were several thousand protesters in London, Glasgow and Cardiff yet only 52 were reportedly arrested. To me, that's not the 'authorities blocking people's right to protest'.  That's the police doing their job to stopping law breaking and public disorder disruption. It's what they are there to do. 

Even though they’d not committed any acts of affray or vandalism?

30 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

The 3 main roles of the police are,

Preservation of life.

Prevention of crime.

Detection of crime.

Presumably prevention of crime.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The 3 main roles of the police are,

Preservation of life.

Prevention of crime.

Detection of crime.

Presumably prevention of crime.

They need to get themselves sorted out first in that case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65226358

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/met-police-pc-wayne-couzens-flashing-indecent-exposure-scotland-yard-misconduct-hearing-b1078164.html

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Its a possibility - just like any other person arrested on suspicion of an offence.

That's up to the police to investigate, authority to prosecute and/or courts to decide.

What's your point?  Still looks to me like police doing their job.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Its a possibility - just like any other person arrested on suspicion of an offence.

That's up to the police to investigate, authority to prosecute and/or courts to decide.

What's your point?  Still looks to me like police doing their job.

Do you really work in the judiciary?

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

I'm sure he sincerely means he wants to serve. 

He  founded the Prince's Trust some years ago and much has been done by the organisation to help young people coping with problems.

Some of them were guests at the Coronation Service  apparently.

What a success The Prices’s Trust has been.  It must have helped thousands of young people turn their lives around.  I didn’t know some of them were guests  at Coronation Service.