Coronation

8 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Only a joke about the football cuttsie, couldn't resist.

Your experience is really strange and upsetting to me. As I said I've spent a lot of time in Ireland over the years and never encountered anything like that.

I regard County Clare as my home every bit as much as I do Sheffield. Although I was born in Sheffield my parents moved to Cumbria when I was a baby and didn't return until I was 5 .

We spent every summer in Clare with the family and so I knew them and other people there before I got to know anyone in Sheffield. Over the years my wife and I have visited lots of other parts of Ireland after staying with the family. We've stayed over in sixteen different countys and in some of them like Dublin, Mayo, Galway, Kerry, Tipperary and Cork  on numerious occasions.

My wife is a Sheffielder so to all intents and purposes we would come across as an English couple. Never had a problem anywhere, in fact the exact opposite, always been treat with good humour and been made welcome.

I'm disgusted to hear about your treatment, the only time I was asked to contribute to NORAID was in a couple of bars in New York back in the seventies.

Well wrong place at wrong time for me , 

I know lads who go fishing in Ireland and love it .

There was some rough lads working with us back then they did not take any nonsense .

By the way at Cappaquine I saw kids catching salmon in buckets , The river ran past a abattoir and the blood was washed into the river , The fish were on a feeding frenzy an amazing sight .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackydog said:

It's a moan to speak out against something you dislike intensely? Grow up.  

You've had your moan now. 

3 minutes ago, blackydog said:

It's a moan to speak out against something you dislike intensely? Grow up.  

May be an image of text that says "NOT MY KING"

He is YOUR KING.

You may not like it but it is a fact.

Edited by harvey19

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't agree with you there mate.

There are Irish people in this country and English people in Ireland and so on, all around the world.

I see nothing wrong at all, with Irish people celebrating St Patricks day over here and, when I was entertaining, it always stood out as a very good night.

I also see nothing wrong with any English folk in Ireland, celebrating St Georges day over there either.

Everybody should be able to do as they please and say as they please as long as their actions are not a threat to  other groups.

There is already far too much attempting to stifle peoples freedoms which usually results in more animosity rather than people coming together.

Sensible post, I agree with you on this one. 

3 minutes ago, blackydog said:

No he's not and never will be. 

Some of us have our own minds, you sad sycophant.

No need for insults.

You can kid yourself on but HE is Your KING.

You can dislike the fact but it does not change it.

Edited by harvey19