Coronation

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I'm a republican and think that the whole thing is an undemocratic load of nonsense which makes the country look like Ruritania.

Having said which, if people enjoy it I'm happy for them. He's not my king and although I had some respect for his mother because of the way she conducted herself she wasn't my queen.

Holding a point of view is one thing, trying to spoil things for those who hold differing views is another. Personally I hope the weather holds out for the street parties and everyone has a good time. 

I find it strange that the English in particular don't seem to be able to enjoy themselves as a nation unless they are instructed to do so by royalty. I was in Keswick on St Georges Day and there was nothing to show for it. I'm half English, think the world of the country itself and would have no problem raising a glass to St George..

Well said,   I second that and won't be called a spoil sport so I wish them all a lovely day,  but think they're crackers and living in fairyland..

1 minute ago, Axe said:

You rightly called him our King in post #242 .   He is  our King just like Rishi Sunak is our prime minister.

So we can vote Charlie out, like the people of Richmond can vote Fishi Rishi out? :huh:

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So we can vote Charlie out, like the people of Richmond can vote Fishi Rishi out? :huh:

His name is King Charles III and the prime minister is called  Rishi Sunak.  Have some respect for our King and our prime minister.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

His name is King Charles III and the prime minister is called  Rishi Sunak.  Have some respect for our King and our prime minister.

Respect has to be earned.   Respect is important and you can't just order it like that. The people in question have to be worthy of it.

4 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

He's not my king 👍

Yes he is. As long as you are still living in this constitutional monarchy he is your king no matter how much you try and pretend otherwise.

Its his image on the money, it is his government. It is his armed forces, his courts and prison service, his revenue and customs, his signature on any bill that forms part of our law.....

You can debate the merits of maintaining a monarchy all you want.  You can scream and shout that you don't need a king or don't agree with the king or want to abolish the monarchy which is entirely your right to do so..... but until circumstances change, the basic fact still remains.  He is your king. You are his subject.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 3