Coronation

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

It will soon be here , The biggest waste of public funds in history .

People using food banks , no housing for millions , fuel , heating and food no longer affordable for those at the bottom of our society .

All this and the show must go on so as to show the World what a great upstanding life we have in the UK .

What about the money the monarchy generates for the tourism industry?  It has been reported the Coronation itself will give the UK economy a £1 billion boost. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

What about the money the monarchy generates for the tourism industry?  It has been reported the Coronation itself will give the UK economy a £1 billion boost. 

Surprise, Surprise,  now that's the first thing I expected them to say but, I expected it would be news to you.

I remember when the same people complained about the 2012 London Olympics and its was an incredible event

The same old stupid arguments like people using food banks so premier league footballers should be paid less

One thing has nothing do to with the other

Last year i met someone who was a delivery driver for ASDA and he said that sometimes they are required to drop off donated food to food banks and he said that the vast majority of people who use them are alcoholics and junkies who blow their dole money on the first day they get it

Not having a Coronation isnt going to stop that happening 

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Tourism. I imagine there will be many people visiting the country to be in London at the coronation.

That's something else they have fooled you with.  There is tourism in every country.

Just think of the opportunity to earn overtime money for those whose jobs the Coronation and it's preparations involve.

The jobs created by it and opportunities for industry.

Obviously the Royal Family will not claim overtime for the extra hours they have to put in.