Coronation

24 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Because they do not have a monarch as head of state.

But you said "  An oath could not be said to an unaccountable abstract.  It is sworn to a living person so they can be held accountable " # 314

In fact it can and it does get said to a non accountable non human. Still waiting to hear how King Charles who is literally above the law can be held to account.

38 minutes ago, m williamson said:

But you said "  An oath could not be said to an unaccountable abstract.  It is sworn to a living person so they can be held accountable " # 314

In fact it can and it does get said to a non accountable non human. Still waiting to hear how King Charles who is literally above the law can be held to account.

Exactly as I said it is made to a person representing the institution.

As I said earlier he can be held to account by enemies of our country.

The left won't want us to be proud to be British

They want us to be ashamed because that's how they silence the vast majority of this country.

But just as they think the can then something comes along that reminds us that we are the greatest country in the world and we should ignore the idiots who say we aren't  

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Exactly as I said it is made to a person representing the institution.

As I said earlier he can be held to account by enemies of our country.

Are you serious? Have you no knowledge of history? My father who served this country through WW2 detested both royalty and politicians in general.

Every now and then he'd go off on one and state that " If we'd lost we'd not have seen their arses for the dust ".  Five years after he died they finally released the records which revealed that had the Germans established a beach head in Britain the royal family and a number of politicians were fleeing to Canada. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1201935/world-war-2-royal-family-secret-nazi-germany-Adolf-hitler-remembrance-day-mapped-spt

Usually records are kept until thirty years have passed, they didn't allow that one to see the light of day until fifty years had gone by, I wonder why? Perhaps to leave it until most of those who fought for the country had passed away?

Held to account, just how naive are you?

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

They want us to be ashamed because that's how they silence the vast majority of this country.

But just as they think the can then something comes along that reminds us that we are the greatest country in the world and we should ignore the idiots who say we aren't  

Be as proud as you like to be British but they are discussing swearing an oath to Charles and you are still British whether you swear an oath or not.

Where does anyone say anything about being ashamed?

You are up to your old tricks of making statements up and then answering them yourself.    Is your intellect really that limited?

Whether we are, or are not, the greatest country in the world, is NOT what is being debated and each person is free to decide for themselves whether we are.

Stop making fairy tales up and just answer the questions.     If you can

Edited by Organgrinder

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

What a load of jingoistic tripe. There's no such thing as the " Greatest Country in the World " . People believe that their country is the greatest country in the world for no other reason than the fact that they were born there.

Is this a great country? Yes, in many ways it is, in other ways it isn't. This country has done great things and had a significant impact on the history of the world. It has also been responsible for some terrible things including the deaths of millions.

Those are the facts, by all means be proud of the countrys achievements but don't talk crap about how great we are. And no I'm not left wing or right wing, I view politicians of any ideology and any nationality with a great deal of scepticism.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Are you serious? Have you no knowledge of history? My father who served this country through WW2 detested both royalty and politicians in general.

Every now and then he'd go off on one and state that " If we'd lost we'd not have seen their arses for the dust ".  Five years after he died they finally released the records which revealed that had the Germans established a beach head in Britain the royal family and a number of politicians were fleeing to Canada. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1201935/world-war-2-royal-family-secret-nazi-germany-Adolf-hitler-remembrance-day-mapped-spt

Usually records are kept until thirty years have passed, they didn't allow that one to see the light of day until fifty years had gone by, I wonder why? Perhaps to leave it until most of those who fought for the country had passed away?

Held to account, just how naive are you?

Very serious.

The Royal Family would have gone to Canada to maintain a monarchy.

The nazis would have probably held them up as hostages to pursue demands or murdered them.

We are talking about the heads of state here and others who would have tried to win back our country.

By the way my grandfather soldiered throughout WW1, My father and uncle were wounded in WW2 and another uncle killed. 

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Very serious.

The Royal Family would have gone to Canada to maintain a monarchy.

The nazis would have probably held them up as hostages to pursue demands or murdered them.

We are talking about the heads of state here and others who would have tried to win back our country.

By the way my grandfather soldiered throughout WW1, My father and uncle were wounded in WW2 and another uncle killed. 

Unbelievable, you've really bought into the servility and obsequence haven't you? The country itself is what matters, not some privileged family who are born to reign over you and recieve unearned deference from the subservient.

My father saw action in France ( Dunkirk ) North Africa and Italy, his elder half brother served throughout WW1 in the Royal Navy and had three ships sunk under him. They both served and loved their country but neither had any time for royalty. I never got the chance to find out the opinion of their first cousin who served in the 12th Battalion ( City of Sheffield ) York and Lancs because he was killed on the 1st of July 1916 the first day of the Somme offensive attacking German positions at Serre in Picardy. Over 500 of his fellow Sheffielders  died with him that day. He was 19 years of age.

I've visited my cousins grave in Luke Copse war cemetary and on the way back  called in to walk on the beach at Dunkirk where my father waited for days for a lift home.

Adolph greatly admired the British empire. He was a racist and the English are a Germanic race. Ideally he would have liked Germany to rule Europe and England/Britain to rule major parts of the rest of the world under the control of Germany. The royal family the Sax- Coburg-Gothes  are of mainly German blood and some had Nazi sympathies.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a41888338/british-royal-family-nazi-relationship-history/#:~:text=The most famous British royal sympathetic to the,June 1937%2C Wallis became the Duchess of Windsor.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-queen-performs-nazi-salute-6090255 

These are people that will always put themselves and their interests before anything else including country. Only the servile and the gullible fall for it.

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Unbelievable, you've really bought into the servility and obsequence haven't you? The country itself is what matters, not some privileged family who are born to reign over you and recieve unearned deference from the subservient.

My father saw action in France ( Dunkirk ) North Africa and Italy, his elder half brother served throughout WW1 in the Royal Navy and had three ships sunk under him. They both served and loved their country but neither had any time for royalty. I never got the chance to find out the opinion of their first cousin who served in the 12th Battalion ( City of Sheffield ) York and Lancs because he was killed on the 1st of July 1916 the first day of the Somme offensive attacking German positions at Serre in Picardy. Over 500 of his fellow Sheffielders  died with him that day. He was 19 years of age.

I've visited my cousins grave in Luke Copse war cemetary and on the way back  called in to walk on the beach at Dunkirk where my father waited for days for a lift home.

Adolph greatly admired the British empire. He was a racist and the English are a Germanic race. Ideally he would have liked Germany to rule Europe and England/Britain to rule major parts of the rest of the world under the control of Germany. The royal family the Sax- Coburg-Gothes  are of mainly German blood and some had Nazi sympathies.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a41888338/british-royal-family-nazi-relationship-history/#:~:text=The most famous British royal sympathetic to the,June 1937%2C Wallis became the Duchess of Windsor.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-queen-performs-nazi-salute-6090255 

These are people that will always put themselves and their interests before anything else including country. Only the servile and the gullible fall for it.

I am going to put my interest in watching the finals of the snooker championship in front of this discussion. It has been interesting and I thank you for that.

13 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Not a fan then  .