Coronation

11 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am going to put my interest in watching the finals of the snooker championship in front of this discussion. It has been interesting and I thank you for that.

No problem, I'm about to go and watch a film , thank you also.

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not a fan then  .

Well, I've been thinking it over and can't quite make up my mind. On the one hand there's horses, men in tights, flypasts, cannons, swearing allegance to disreputable people  and also  people bowing, curtseying and generally making themselves look daft,  and then on the other hand there's getting on with life, treating everyone the same and having a laugh.

Tough one.

It’s been on the news that the King’s Coronation is set to boost the UK economy by £1billion, tourists are coming from all over the world to watch the coronation pageantry.  

Edited by hauxwell

9 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

It’s been on the news that the King’s Coronation is set to boost the UK economy by £1billion, tourists are coming from all over the world to watch the coronation pageantry.  

Which news?

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Better than nothing I suppose,  as the Tories Brexit is costing us £4 Billion so that will make us just £3 Billion down.

Can we take the cost of the coronation etc out of that £1 billion then?

Aren't they wonderful?   What ever would we do without them?

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Seeing as the GDP of the UK is £2.2 trillion that makes next to no difference to the economy.