Coronation

26 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Its almost here the biggest bun fight on the Planet . The Coronation of the one who has been chosen by the Gods to be our leader.

Now this has got me thinking about the good and great who are invited to the party , The Lords , Ladies , Film Stars , Billionaire s , and Ant and Dec.

No bin men or bricklayers , no cleaners or cafe coffee servers , no it is mostly the dignitaries of our land .

But what lurks underneath all the splendour on display what secrets are stored in the corners of the minds , Are they all different to us lot on the 95 bus sat there thinking about the weather or what we will be having for high tea .

And most of all are all those Lords and Ladies and Ants and Decs wearing clean grots , You know the Y fronts or Primark packs of three .

There can't be any skiddies hiding below the gowns and Armarni can they , Impossible after all  that only happens when the 95 bus to Walkley  fails to turn up again and us lot are taken a little short .

I take it that you’ll not be viewing. 😂

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the anti monarchy and anti Coronation contributors.  Negativity is not a good trait and they would have more content lives if they enjoyed the traditions of our great country rather than lambast. They are clearly not satisfied with what they have and their standing in the community. 

19 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I bet you never invited any of the dignitaries you mention when you topped out a building. !

We had to put up with all the gaffers , office staff and clerks of works sqaffing champers , while we stood  head bowed in the back ground cap in hand waiting to see if our P45 was ready because the job was done .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Well I guess it's subjective

What country would you say is better then the UK?

In order to make such a judgement you would need to live in another country for some time. Which is why the statement from anyone from any country that theirs is the best in the world is nonsensicle.

The only other country that I've lived in is Ireland and at the time I lived there in the early sixties it certainly wasn't better in terms of living standards although I loved it.

Ireland has now surpassed England in general living standards as proven by my extended family and friends there.

Purely from an outsiders view, all of the Scandinavian countries look to have got their act together. Places I've been on holiday that impress are Austria ( Vienna is beautiful ) Australia and Italy but being on holiday somewhere is no way to be able to judge a place.

Here's the thing, if anyone points out that this is maybe not the greatest place on earth the John Bull mentality comes out and you're accused of being anti English and invited to go and live somewhere else. 

As I said there's no such thing as the greatest country, it's subjective. I like living here, I love Sheffield, there are things I don't like but  that would be the same anywhere I went, we're human nothing is completely perfect.

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

In order to make such a judgement you would need to live in another country for some time. Which is why the statement from anyone from any country that theirs is the best in the world is nonsensicle.

The only other country that I've lived in is Ireland and at the time I lived there in the early sixties it certainly wasn't better in terms of living standards although I loved it.

Ireland has now surpassed England in general living standards as proven by my extended family and friends there.

Purely from an outsiders view, all of the Scandinavian countries look to have got their act together. Places I've been on holiday that impress are Austria ( Vienna is beautiful ) Australia and Italy but being on holiday somewhere is no way to be able to judge a place.

Here's the thing, if anyone points out that this is maybe not the greatest place on earth the John Bull mentality comes out and you're accused of being anti English and invited to go and live somewhere else. 

As I said there's no such thing as the greatest country, it's subjective. I like living here, I love Sheffield, there are things I don't like but  that would be the same anywhere I went, we're human nothing is completely perfect.

But this is the only country that has the Blades football club !

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The thought of Charles and Camila sat on the throne fills me with dread , 

Would you prefer them sat on the scaffolding in donkey jackets and flat caps with a mashing can of tea each and dripping cake sandwiches ?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Anti-monarchist bunkum.

One man's "memory" re-released just in time for the Coronation!  :)

Like all stories this one does have an element of truth. There were contingency plans plans to get the Royal Family out of London, in the event of an invasion, as there were during the Cuban Missile Crisis, so that government could continue to function in resistance.

The locations around the U.K. were indeed "mapped", as was the possibility that:

• During the Precautionary Phase of the Government War Plan, the royal family would disperse to country houses away from London. Known royal residences such as Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House would not have been used.[3]
  • Where there was sufficient time, the royal family would be evacuated to sea. The royal yacht HMY Britannia was earmarked for this purpose and was planned to hide in the lochs of northwest Scotland.[4]
  • Where there was little warning time, the royal family would be evacuated to the nearest regional seat of government. -WIK

There were many "plans". There was also "a plan" to:

Should invading German forces have reached the Midlands, the Royal Family would have been taken to Liverpool and evacuated by sea to Canada. Hatley Castle on Vancouver Island was purchased in 1940 as part of this contingency.[5][6] If that last resort option had been required, the family were to travel to Holyhead for transport to Canada by the Royal Navy.[7]

The mission was disbanded in 1942 and the task of evacuating the Royal Family in an emergency was transferred to a detachment from the Household Cavalry Composite Regiment.[2] WIKI

The mission was abandoned after the Queen made her famous Public address in 1940:

"The children won't leave without me. I won't leave without the King - and the King will never leave." - ~On suggestions that the Royal princesses should be evacuated during the Blitz in 1940.

Sycophantic bunkum.

The servile will look for excuses for any behaviour whatsoever if it's their ' Betters ' that are doing it. I've heard excuses for Andrew and you'll have no problem bowing and swearing an oath to Your adulterer King and his ex mistress Queen as they reign over you.

Carry on if it gives you some form of obsequious pleasure, each to their own.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

But this is the only country that has the Blades football club !

Yes!!! And that is why this country is the Greatest Country in The World!!!!

" You fill up my senses

Like a gallon of Magnet........"