Coronation

2 hours ago, cressida said:

He is more succinct and does make contrbutions to threads,  some replies ramble on too long and people can lose interest.

Succinct at making supposedly funny remarks without ever actually,  addressing the subject.

Some people must find it hard work reading more than 2 lines at a time.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Succinct at making supposedly funny remarks without ever actually,  addressing the subject.

Some people must find it hard work reading more than 2 lines at a time.

Why use a thousand words when a few will do ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why use a thousand words when a few will do ?

You are so right of course and better sticking to just a few when you have nothing to say.

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As Anna says,  almost all in London.  in hotels, restaurants, shops and pubs 

The majority of British people don't live in London but we will still have to pay.

There are street parties taking place all over the UK.  The pubs, restaurants and shops are decorated with bunting , Union flags and pictures of the new King all over the UK.  The Coronation will be shown all over the World and is a global advert for London as well as all of the UK.  New overseas tourists will the attracted to London for many years as a consequence of the Coronation and these tourists will visit other areas of the UK during their visit.  An excellent boost for the economy both now and in the future.

23 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As Anna says,  almost all in London.  in hotels, restaurants, shops and pubs 

The majority of British people don't live in London but we will still have to pay.

For goodness sake.

2 hours ago, Axe said:

There are street parties taking place all over the UK.  The pubs, restaurants and shops are decorated with bunting , Union flags and pictures of the new King all over the UK.  The Coronation will be shown all over the World and is a global advert for London as well as all of the UK.  New overseas tourists will the attracted to London for many years as a consequence of the Coronation and these tourists will visit other areas of the UK during their visit.  An excellent boost for the economy both now and in the future.

Some people will have a street party at the slightest excuse and that has always been the case. 

How can showing London, cavalry and state coach and horses be an advert for the whole UK.  Wouldn't that be a misleading advert if they come to Sheffield and can't find those things here.

Tourists will always come to London anyway whether there's a king or not, in the same way they go to Paris, Rome, New York and every other major city on the planet who don't have kings.

I was questioning why, this input of money, can't be used to actually pay for the coronation instead of us paying.  After all, the government keeps saying that we're skint.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

For goodness sake.

Forgot what you were going to say??????    typical

Edited by Organgrinder

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Some people will have a street party at the slightest excuse and that has always been the case. 

How can showing London, cavalry and state coach and horses be an advert for the whole UK.  Wouldn't that be a misleading advert if they come to Sheffield and can't find those things here.

Tourists will always come to London anyway whether there's a king or not, in the same way they go to Paris, Rome, New York and every other major city on thee planet who don't have kings.

I was questioning why, this input of money, can't be used to actually pay for the coronation instead of us paying.  After all, the government keeps saying that we're skint.

I went to to Marseille the other week looking for the Eiffel tower as even though it's in Paris.

Can't believe those frenchies misled me. 

Off to Naples to see the Vatican next.

Edited by Al Bundy

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I went to to Marseille the other week looking for the Eiffel tower as even though it's in Paris.

Can't believe those frenchies misled me. 

Off to Naples to see the Vatican next.

Now why doesn't that surprise me???????

28 minutes ago, Axe said:

Just Women, Kids and Sad under the the thumb Husbands and  Delusionist like Axe/West77 will be attending the street parties.    I'll be in the Boozer  getting bladdered with the Tele turned off.  :hihi:

• Haha 1