Coronation

9 hours ago, m williamson said:

Assumption, the misconception that you know something, when in reality you have no idea what you're talking about.

I had dual nationality as a birthright,  when I first needed a passport back in 1972 I chose an Irish passport, which makes me a citizen of the Irish Republic. My nationality therefore is Irish, and I can assure you without any misconception that he is not my King.

Enjoy Saturday, when the man who betrayed the mother of his children and married his mistress is crowned as your King, with his ex mistress as your queen.

Must be a proud day for you and your fellow subjects.

Good job I used the word "if" at the start of my statement then.  

Could not give a toss about alleged betrayal and alleged mistresses.  Diana was no angel, despite what she manipulated the media and her deluded fangirls into thinking. She was a flaky, childish, sloaney tart just as unhappy in that ill fated marriage as Charles was. She was not immune to wandering eyes. They divorced, she didn't hesitate to find a few new relationships and, in any event, has been  dead for over 25 years.  

Was he not supposed to move on? Was he  supposed to sit there pining for his deceased for the rest of his life?  

Edited by ECCOnoob

5 hours ago, m williamson said:

Assumption, the misconception that you know something, when in reality you have no idea what you're talking about.

I had dual nationality as a birthright,  when I first needed a passport back in 1972 I chose an Irish passport, which makes me a citizen of the Irish Republic. My nationality therefore is Irish, and I can assure you without any misconception that he is not my King.

Enjoy Saturday, when the man who betrayed the mother of his children and married his mistress is crowned as your King, with his ex mistress as your queen.

Right there, yet again.

Can't help yourself can you.

It's got nothing to do with your supposed stance.

9 hours ago, m williamson said:

Just a couple of questions.

Where were you born and your birth registered.?

iF there was a war and you were the appropriate age which army would you be conscripted into ?

Nowadays  many N. Ireland people also have Irish passports but that does not change the fact that they are British.

Edited by harvey19

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Just a couple of questions.

Where were you born and your birth registered.?

iF there was a war and you were the appropriate age which army would you be conscripted into ?

Nowadays  many N. Ireland people also have Irish passports but that does not change the fact that they are British.

It would use his Irish 'citizenship' to avoid conscription to the British army and support whoever that Britain were at war with.

9 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Good job I used the word "if" at the start of my statement then.  

Could not give a toss about alleged betrayal and alleged mistresses.  Diana was no angel, despite what she manipulated the media and her deluded fangirls into thinking. She was a flaky, childish, sloaney tart just as unhappy in that ill fated marriage as Charles was. She was not immune to wandering eyes. They divorced, she didn't hesitate to find a few new relationships and, in any event, has been  dead for over 25 years.  

Was he not supposed to move on? Was he  supposed to sit there pining for his deceased for the rest of his life?  

Good post :thumbsup:

Rather than bring the nation together in a day of celebration, the Coronation sounds as if it's going to be yet again another source of very divisive issues. 

I wonder (genuinely) if the watching world will be envious, or asking the same questions about the cost of a ceremony costing 100 million in a country that has a huge cost of living crisis and foodbanks on every corner? 

It might prove to be something of an own goal....

12 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I fail to see  why monarchists,  complain about those who don't share their beliefs.  What's so wrong about people not sharing the same views? 

I,  and another poster have already said,  enjoy your day if that's what you like,  We are not interested in people acting out fairy tales and bowing & scraping and choose to find better things to do.

Who can give me a valid reason why we shouldn't hold these views?

I have never called for the removal of Charles and Camilla,  and I don't bear them any ill will, but I see  the whole system as stupid play acting and  so I certainly have no wish to watch it or celebrate it.

Others do as they please and that's fine by me.

Hold those views by all means - I used to think the same and have never been a Royalist. But, I do appreciate the pomp and circumstance as it sets us apart from other countries as nobody does it better!

But, for most of your post, you could say the same for those Republicans looking to disrupt the service. You yourself, in the same post, bemoan people not being allowed to have different beliefs while insulting those who have different beliefs. Yet more hypocrisy from certain sections of society.

The more that certain people and sections of society push against England/Great Britain, the more patriotic it makes me want to be. I was never really that proud of the Union Jack, but when I watch programs about our armed forces and the contribution we have made to the world in many areas, and continue to do so, it makes me proud that such a small island has had such an impact.

So, by all means have a differing view and I appreciate that, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Rather than bring the nation together in a day of celebration, the Coronation sounds as if it's going to be yet again another source of very divisive issues. 

I wonder (genuinely) if the watching world will be envious, or asking the same questions about the cost of a ceremony costing 100 million in a country that has a huge cost of living crisis and foodbanks on every corner? 

It might prove to be something of an own goal....

Yeah... probably better to just send everyone in the country the £1.42 to help end the poverty

5 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Not My King either and thousands of others. 

Nor mine. 

If I met him,  I would be as polite as I am with everybody else but,  I would not refer to him as your majesty,  I would not call him Sir and, I would not bow

There's nothing anybody could do about that so, I don't know what makes ECO think he's the decider of anything at all let alone whether we have a king.

It is that very attitude which will help  to create a republic.  We are a free people and we will stay free. 

The monarchists have a king and the rest of us don't.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Nor mine. 

If I met him,  I would be as polite as I am with everybody else but,  I would not refer to him as your majesty,  I would not call him Sir and, I would not bow

There's nothing anybody could do about that so, I don't know what makes ECO think he's the decider of anything at all let alone whether we have a king.

It is that very attitude which will help  to create a republic.  We are a free people and we will stay free. 

The monarchists have a king and the rest of us don't.

I recall you saying you were in the army therefore you will have sworn an oath to the Queen and her successors.

That oath lasts a lifetime.

You really need to be realistic.

17 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Not My King either and thousands of others. 

You delude yourself.

You may not like or approve of Him but that does not change the fact that he is YOUR KING.

• Like 1