Coronation

4 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Well, I've just seen my second and possibly last Coronation.

The world and Britain has changed a lot since 1953 and it was good to see those multi-cultural multi-faith elements being assimilated more into the ceremony.

I'm proud to be British and proud of our history and our traditions, despite all the mistakes we've made along the way- but who hasn't!

Give me a King or Queen any day to the political, often corrupt alternative.

The precision of today's events was simply breath taking  It was spectacular. Nobody does it better.

echo.

My second Coronation also.

It saddens me that there is a section of our society that seem to be looking for anything they can criticise about our country's past and present.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Well, I've just seen my second and possibly last Coronation.

The world and Britain has changed a lot since 1953 and it was good to see those multi-cultural multi-faith elements being assimilated more into the ceremony.

I'm proud to be British and proud of our history and our traditions, despite all the mistakes we've made along the way- but who hasn't!

Give me a King or Queen any day to the political, often corrupt alternative.

The precision of today's events was simply breath taking  It was spectacular. Nobody does it better.

echo.

Brilliant post  :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, melthebell said:

So members of the anti royalist group Republic have been arrested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65507435

there has been new laws brought in against "locking on devices" and going prepared to disrupt, the above link does say 

but later on in the article it does also say, 

Is democracy now dead in our country, is the right to peaceful protest in our country now dead? its a dangerous precedent.

Would it have been a peaceful protest?

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

My second Coronation also.

It saddens me that there is a section of our society that seem to be looking for anything they can criticise about our country's past and present.

Thankfully it's just a minority that social media has given a platform to.

The outside world knows better.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Didn't see one protester all afternoon.

Reading social media you would have thought London would have been swamped with em.

I don't think many people support these protester groups it is the media that gives a false impression.

• Like 2