Coronation

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That is an offence IF IT IS PROVED.   which it wasn't

Arresting someone who has done nothing,  and detaining them, not for an hour or two, but for 16 hours,  knowing they were innocent,   is a feature of a police state.

I was replying to what you said “the police may think they were going to do something”

Suspicion someone was going to commit an offence based on intelligence.

you have not responded to my first sentence which is very relevant.

30 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I am talking ONLY of the six who were arrested in the new "police state" laws.

Stop explaining what the law allows the police to do because we already know what the police can do.  They already did it and turned out to be wrong and their boss said t was REGRETFUL.

A police state is where the police can arrest you simply on the grounds that,  THEY THINK YOU MAY BE GOING TO DO SOMTHING.

I will nit pick as much as I like - the new law resembles that of a police state and,  on it's very first use,  turned out to be wrong enough for the chief to express REGRET.

Any thoughts about the York egg thrower?  Or have you not heard his Coronation day story?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/23506090.egg-thrower-thelwell-claims-arrested-coronation-protests/

1 hour ago, Axe said:

You are nitpicking.  6 out of the 64 have been told they will not be charged.  We do not know how many out of the 64 will face no charges because the police have not decided yet.

You are being a Drama Queen by implying we live in a police state.   The new law allows the police to stop troublemakers spoiling the day for peaceful respectable folk such as the crowds who enjoyed watching the Coronation day proceedings.

Basic arithmetic isn’t nitpicking. You need to go to thinking school as well as counting school.

My police state comment is correct too. Police states lock protesters away without charge, or on trumped up charges. 

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Basic arithmetic isn’t nitpicking. You need to go to thinking school as well as counting school.

My police state comment is correct too. Police states lock protesters away without charge, or on trumped up charges. 

The fact that those arrested are either released on bail while police make further investigations or told quickly they will face no charges is testament we do not live in a police state.  They do not trump up charges and protesters have not been locked away without charge.  As already stated you are a Drama Queen.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

The fact that those arrested are either released on bail while police make further investigations or told quickly they will face no charges is testament we do not live in a police state.  They do not trump up charges and protesters have not been locked away without charge.  As already stated you are a Drama Queen.

You are WRONG again,   as always

The 6 people referred to were kept in custody for 16 hours.

They were NOT told quickly that they will face no charges.

They were NOT released on bail.

Proof that we are now living in a police state.

Sooner a drama queen than someone who has no idea what's happening around them.  Told you before, you are not very sharp for an axe.

I think he police have always used  the phrase "I have reasonable suspicion to suspect you of.... and am arresting you. Or something similar so I can not understand why new laws were needed.

Also I fail to understand why the protesters slow walking to block roads have not been arrested and charged.

The above protesters have publicised their views for several months now by various methods and if the message has not through by now will they continue for evermore.

18 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think he police have always used  the phrase "I have reasonable suspicion to suspect you of.... and am arresting you. Or something similar so I can not understand why new laws were needed.

Also I fail to understand why the protesters slow walking to block roads have not been arrested and charged.

The above protesters have publicised their views for several months now by various methods and if the message has not through by now will they continue for evermore.

I completely agree with this.  It was repeatedly said that the police had all the legislation they needed to deal with these protestors and didn't need new laws at all. 

Again, I agree that they could also have dealt with the slow walkers too without needing any new laws.  There has always been laws of obstruction and similar.

I won't comment on your last line  because, in this instance, I am only complaining about the governments eagerness to keep making draconian new laws and I don't want to live in a police state.

This also applies to the making of new laws to deal with immigration when, with the correct action, under existing law, the problems can be dealt with.

The ridiculous idea of the barge for the migrants is laughable.  All they need to do is process the migrants quicker than they are entering the country and make the numbers drop.

When the barge is full, they will still have to process them or they will need to keep buying more and more barges.  They may ass well process them instead of using the barge.

New laws passed for no other reason than to cover up the governments incompetence. at dealing with anything at all..

39 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You are WRONG again,   as always

The 6 people referred to were kept in custody for 16 hours.

They were NOT told quickly that they will face no charges.

They were NOT released on bail.

Proof that we are now living in a police state.

Sooner a drama queen than someone who has no idea what's happening around them.  Told you before, you are not very sharp for an axe.

On a busy day for the police I do not consider 16 hours a long period of time.  In any case it makes common sense to keep protesters suspected of intending to  cause a disturbance to the Coronation proceedings in custody until the event is over.   They were told on Monday they will face no chargers which is quick.  You made no comment about the York egg thrower who was only detained for 30 minutes according to his story.  It is good policing to stop potential disturbances and breaches of the peace happening which happened on Coronation day.  

I am sharp enough to know that that we are 23 years into the new century which is something you only learned yesterday. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I completely agree with this.  It was repeatedly said that the police had all the legislation they needed to deal with these protestors and didn't need new laws at all. 

Again, I agree that they could also have dealt with the slow walkers too without needing any new laws.  There has always been laws of obstruction and similar.

I won't comment on your last line  because, in this instance, I am only complaining about the governments eagerness to keep making draconian new laws and I don't want to live in a police state.

This also applies to the making of new laws to deal with immigration when, with the correct action, under existing law, the problems can be dealt with.

The ridiculous idea of the barge for the migrants is laughable.  All they need to do is process the migrants quicker than they are entering the country and make the numbers drop.

When the barge is full, they will still have to process them or they will need to keep buying more and more barges.  They may ass well process them instead of using the barge.

New laws passed for no other reason than to cover up the governments incompetence. at dealing with anything at all..

I couldn't agree with you more.

New laws have been passed over the years instead of dealing with problems using existing legislation.

What annoys me also is highlighting the results of certain actions due to illegal drug use instead of sorting out what is causing these crimes to be committed.

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Could we have one in the Canal Basin ,