Coronation

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

The Met also recently found documents relating to Daniel Morgan's murder in a cabinet that were not given to the inquiry into the Met's handling of that case, which found the Met to be corrupt. Mr Morgan was thought to be about to publish evidence of police involvement in organised crime at the time he was murdered. Another silly 'mistake'.

As I mentioned earlier I worked in a business which brought me into regular contact with the police throughout the North of England.

A Sheffield police officer who I have complete trust in told me back in the ninetys that the Met Police were institutionally corrupt.

A former Hull City police officer who I also trust told me of an occasion when he went to London to pick up a prisoner and the Met took him out on the town where he witnessed bribes being handed over from nightclub owners.

An ex Special Branch officer that I worked with told me a number of storys, including planting of evidence and beating confessions out of suspects.

Most coppers are decent people but there are far too many that aren't and they need to be kept in check. The governments attempt to bring in more draconian laws needs to be resisted, the only new laws we may need are those to address new technology, other than that we have sufficient already.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, m williamson said:

As I mentioned earlier I worked in a business which brought me into regular contact with the police throughout the North of England.

A Sheffield police officer who I have complete trust in told me back in the ninetys that the Met Police were institutionally corrupt.

A former Hull City police officer who I also trust told me of an occasion when he went to London to pick up a prisoner and the Met took him out on the town where he witnessed bribes being handed over from nightclub owners.

An ex Special Branch officer that I worked with told me a number of storys, including planting of evidence and beating confessions out of suspects.

Most coppers are decent people but there are far too many that aren't and they need to be kept in check. The governments attempt to bring in more draconian laws needs to be resisted, the only new laws we may need are those to address new technology, other than that we have sufficient already.

I fully agree with your point about new laws.

I think every eventuality was covered by existing laws.

It seems to me that certain new laws were created to show the government were doing something.

Just now, Delbow said:

Anyone who has read Baroness Casey's recent report into the Met, or even the summary, should be able to see that they are the last people who should be given more powers.

I can not understand why they were not questioned why they allowed public highways to be blocked on several occasions after the protesters had made their point.

4 hours ago, m williamson said:

See the Rhino whip thread ,