Country Music in sheffield

lindar

yes i know its not hugely popular but me and my husband are big country music fans and other than line dancing i can't seem to find anything going on in sheffield with country music. Does anyone know of any nights out or places that play it?

You want to be having a look at the listings for place like the Boardwalk. They have some fantastic live acts on with a country or (alt) country tip. I promise you that you can do a lot worse than go get tickets to Calexico at the Octagon in November.

Are Calexico country?!? I always thought of them as a little more eclectic than that... somewhere between The Gourds and The Orb - heh.

Anyhoo, it depends what kind of country music you mean - I'm a big fan of Bluegrass, Cajun and old-time American folk and blues... thinking of starting a quiet little night in some corner somewhere. With live bits. Any takers?

i love most country. i love bluegrass (del mccoury band) and i love all the old classics (cash, jennings, haggard etc) and i love some of the new stuff around (dierks bentley).

I think the Edale Festi died a death and got overtaken by the finger-in-the-ear folkies. Bluegrass is great, but there's also a lot of current stuff out there that utilises traditional instruments, mashes up lots of styles and does something new with it all... like Split Lip Rayfield, The Gourds and Slim Cessna.

I think an 'alt. country' (if that's what it is) night could go down a storm (especially if some Hayseed Dixie's played), if the venue was right - I'm thinking small, dirty and off the beaten track.

Archived