Golliwogs Causing Controversy.

Just now, Mister M said:

So you're saying that if UK governments didn't have things like the Race Discrimination Act, Equality Act, Equal Pay Act etc, then discrimination, bigotry etc wouldn't exist. Is that it?

Are you still there trastick?

Not at all!

I'm saying that if the Government was color blind, gender blind and  LGTB blind,  those measures (products of a formerly racist society) would no longer be necessary!

Solutions are always about the future, not the past.

You cannot change the past!

But you CAN change the future!

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I live in a racially harmonious society, mostly black, yet who's population includes  every skin color under the sun.

The government makes no policies or distinctions based on skin color.

If Western governments stopped using skin color as a defining characteristic of the civilian population in public policy, or for that matter, ones gender, or sexual orientation, societal stereotypes would  cease to have Official  Standing.

One citizen, one vote, equal rights, for all!

Then they could address the economic needs of the truly poor wherever they exist.

But they must be the first to set the example of color blindness! No more political courting (bribing) of the "black" vote, the "white" vote, the "LGBT" vote

Until then, you'll have systemic racism, Officially endorsed!

Will never happen because they want to create division and hate.

See the Guardian, they are masters at it.

• Like 1

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Which begs the question, who benefits, from promoting this hate and loathing, and breakdown of civility in Western socio/capitalist societies?  :)

38 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Which begs the question, who benefits, from promoting this hate and loathing, and breakdown of civility in Western socio/capitalist societies?  :)

the media, the advertising business, the tv & radio show presenters, the charities, the 'researchers' who do surveys for money to feed the news business, the grifters who play the public for fools to raise their public profile

childbirth was racist last night.

Edited by fools

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Not at all!

I'm saying that if the Government was color blind, gender blind and  LGTB blind,  those measures (products of a formerly racist society) would no longer be necessary!

Solutions are always about the future, not the past.

You cannot change the past!

But you CAN change the future!

Well I suppose if the government was color blind, gender blind and  LGTB blind then presumably it wouldn't collect figures on things like hate crimes. So if they don't know it exists, then it mustn't exist. In fact  according to your theory hate crimes themselves wouldn't exist, because if the source of inequality and prejudice, that is the government, would stop defining people down identity lines then there would be no disparities, and the ergo, the public would see no difference between people! Almost philosophical in its profundity.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I know.

You see by pointing out difference in treatment and difference in outcome we become blind to the very notion that essentially we're all in it together.

Amazing!

17 minutes ago, fools said:

the media, the advertising business, the tv & radio show presenters, the charities, the 'researchers' who do surveys for money to feed the news business, the grifters who play the public for fools to raise their public profile

childbirth was racist last night.

I never said childbirth was racist.

I pointed to a report which shows that black women are nearly 4 times as likely to die in childbirth.

MPs condemn ‘appalling’ stats showing Black women almost four times more likely to die from childbirth | The Independent

Edited by Mister M

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I never said childbirth was racist.

wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the media pushing a victimhood agenda.

but you've just made up for it with that link. at what point do you question the narrative?

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the media pushing a victimhood agenda.

but you've just made up for it with that link. at what point do you question the narrative?

I'm the wrong person to be asking, because I believe the mortality statistics.

Maybe ask yourself why you don't believe them.

Just now, Mister M said:

I'm the wrong person to be asking, because I believe the mortality statistics.

Maybe ask yourself why you don't believe them.

so mortality statistics are evidence of racism are they, not the slightest bit of doubt you're being played?

1 minute ago, fools said:

so mortality statistics are evidence of racism are they, not the slightest bit of doubt you're being played?

If nearly 4 times as many black women than white women are dying in childbirth, then that's worthy of investigation.

I'm not saying what the cause is, that's for the parliamentary investigators, and those with oversight in this area to research and report its findings on.

Do you dispute the figures, and on what basis?

6 minutes ago, fools said:

I listened to part of the interview and phone in on Radio 5 yesterday.

Different experiences were aired and my conclusion was that race was not the problem.