Golliwogs Causing Controversy.

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If nearly 4 times as many black women than white women are dying in childbirth, then that's worthy of investigation.

I'm not saying what the cause is

but the media and vested interests are saying it's due to racism, and you don't question it, then push the narrative with guardian links

"Cardiac disease remains the largest single cause of maternal deaths. Neurological causes (epilepsy and stroke) are

the second most common cause of maternal death"

Edited by fools

12 minutes ago, fools said:

but the media and vested interests are saying it's due to racism, and you don't question it, then push the narrative with guardian links

First of all I ask myself, why would they lie? What possible benefits could be gained by the media making up a story.

I'd also know that death certificates are legal documents. I've also heard on the radio, not 5 live - on LBC, conversations with the host and members of the public talking, as one black lady did yesterday, of her daughter who died while giving birth. Other black callers talking about their experiences of not being given pain relief when giving birth.

As well as race possibly being being a factor in the mortality statistics there are other socio-economic background, pre-existing health conditions of the woman etc. It's something that should be and needs to be looked into.

Of course there are newspapers that cater to a mindset where racism is something that's 'overplayed'. Well okay. Let them do an investigation on how that statistics are made up, falsified, for what ever reason. I'm sure they'd like nothing better than to prove those with opposing views wrong. Why aren't they questioning it?

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, fools said:

"Cardiac disease remains the largest single cause of maternal deaths. Neurological causes (epilepsy and stroke) are

the second most common cause of maternal death"

Okay, so you've googled the most common forms of maternal deaths. I guess it would be easy enough to cross reference these figures with the pre-existing conditions of people who died in childbirth, and looked at the excess rate of deaths by ethnic origin.

As well as the quantitative data, there is also the qualitative data to account for. The high handedness of NHS staff is sometimes reported by women in childbirth. The refusal to give pain relief too based on clinicians ideas of a balck woman's pain threshold. 

I don't know why nearly 4 times as many black women die in childbirth as the figures suggest. It is a figure that parliament is rightly wanting to investigate, or will commission others to investigate.

However the lived experience of many women themselves, or their surviving relatives suggest on the face of it something is going badly wrong with the care given.   

Why you are quick to disbelieve these particular statistics, but maybe not others, is only something you can answer.

Edited by Mister M

Vine show today, 3.5 hrs long,

Should teachers call pupils he/she/they?

Give plus-size flyers free extra seats?

Unpatriotic to protest at coronation?

Arsenal stars overpaid and rude?

Are conservatories naff?

Starmer right to say NHS is broken?

26 minutes ago, fools said:

Vine show today, 3.5 hrs long,

Should teachers call pupils he/she/they?

Give plus-size flyers free extra seats?

Unpatriotic to protest at coronation?

Arsenal stars overpaid and rude?

Are conservatories naff?

Starmer right to say NHS is broken?

Easy..

He or she.

No,

No, just childish and pathetic.

Yes.

Can be.

Not sure.

Edited by Al Bundy

53 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm surprised you didn't ring them up and accuse them of promoting "bin juice".

It's a quality programme, they were educating the public about fake dinosaur footprint fossils a few weeks ago. And then there was the ready meals which have 25% salt content, and the extortionate price of period products, a grand a year. Oh and the masks are useless the tv doctor says so, oh no they're not, oh yes they are, oh no they're not, but you said they were a few weeks ago, um never mind all that, the science changed, anyway here's some bike footage to agitate you some more. The panelists were having trouble working out what 5% of £9 was earlier this week. Nurses something foodbanks, yawn.

Edited by fools

58 minutes ago, fools said:

It's a quality programme, they were educating the public about fake dinosaur footprint fossils a few weeks ago. And then there was the ready meals which have 25% salt content, and the extortionate price of period products, a grand a year. Oh and the masks are useless the tv doctor says so, oh no they're not, oh yes they are, oh no they're not, but you said they were a few weeks ago, um never mind all that, the science changed, anyway here's some bike footage to agitate you some more. The panelists were having trouble working out what 5% of £9 was earlier this week. Nurses something foodbanks, yawn.

Isn't there some right winger on GBeebies that could entertain you instead when Vine is on

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Isn't there some right winger on GBeebies that could entertain you instead when Vine is on

Headliners features a few intelligent comedians (including left wingers) who take the mick out of all the crap in the news. You obviously prefer to be fed a left wing narrative.

what's on lbc today

Edited by fools