Golliwogs Causing Controversy.

1 hour ago, Colin Foster said:

Don't know why but I thought I'd read at the time they'd put more up after the original lot were seized.

I think they put some back up. They said if people don't like them then don't come.

'Heineken UK confirmed it had told the pub to stop serving its products on 20 April. In a statement it said: “After being made aware of the abhorrent display feature in the White Hart Inn, we advised the pub owners that we wanted nothing more to do with them. They go against everything we stand for.”'

Oof. When she said 'if people don't like it then don't come through my door' she forgot to think about her suppliers 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

'Heineken UK confirmed it had told the pub to stop serving its products on 20 April. In a statement it said: “After being made aware of the abhorrent display feature in the White Hart Inn, we advised the pub owners that we wanted nothing more to do with them. They go against everything we stand for.”'

Oof. When she said 'if people don't like it then don't come through my door' she forgot to think about her suppliers 🙄

exactly, you can be as tough as you like with customers but once those who supply you your beer decide to stop youre screwed

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Or go to a different brewery.

In a lot of cases you cant, taking my former work as an example Coors put all the taps, lines etc in, on the proviso we buy from them, same with britvic and their soft drinks pump. I presume if you went to another beer company Coors would take out everything because its no longer yours, so time youd be closed because you cant sell anything. and you'd be in a queue with the other beer company to get installed, could take months.

The beer co / Landlord still want their money, im not sure how it fits moving between beer companies with the landlord / beer co, dont know if they have a hand in deciding what beer company you use? i dont know that side of it.