Golliwogs Causing Controversy.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You don't think the landlord who has these dolls hanging in his pub, was being racist when he was caught laughing about black people being hung in Mississippi?

Simple answer is, if you don't like having a racist landlord in your local, stop giving him custom and matters will sort themselves out.

We seem to use the law for everything except stopping crime.

FtZCINGXgAEiKEY?format=jpg&name=small

Perhaps not quite so innocent as a display of cuddly toys. The Voice seems to have picked up on it too.

It looks like the landlord also lives in Turkey part time; it seems a little odd that he features a logo and photo of  a Grey Wolf, which has certain connotations in Turkey, albeit with a different logo.
Lots of articles around about a group with a similar name

The Landlord's Facebook account also appears quite happy to promote Generation Identity
Look up further info on GI yourselves

Edited by peak4

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

EXCLUSIVE Pub landlady defies police orders and puts five golliwogs back on display to applause from lunchtime drinkers just days after six officers seized 20 dolls in 'hate crime' probe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11957405/Pub-landlady-defies-police-orders-puts-five-golliwogs-display.html

Your thoughts?

Again...? There was a big thing about 10 years or so ago about them, I thought they were banned from future sale but not from being displayed..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Again...? There was a big thing about 10 years or so ago about them, I thought they were banned from future sale but not from being displayed..

an antique shop in whitby has one in the shop window

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Tut tut.

No need for racism Mel. 

why cos theyre pink and angry?

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

You're being obtuse.

Snipped 

No I'm not.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The response I gave was everything to do with the thread you started!

Yet you conveniently ignore mels racist remark 🤔

21 minutes ago, peak4 said:

FtZCINGXgAEiKEY?format=jpg&name=small

Perhaps not quite so innocent as a display of cuddly toys. The Voice seems to have picked up on it too.

It looks like the landlord also lives in Turkey part time; it seems a little odd that he features a logo and photo of  a Grey Wolf, which has certain connotations in Turkey, albeit with a different logo.
Lots of articles around about a group with a similar name

Perhaps this is part of the reason why the police went into the pub, as there is an increase in far right radicalisation in the area of the pub. They've obviously seen his Twitter account....Though the Daily hasn't; or perhaps it has and chosen not to report the tweets, because it wants another "political correctness gawn mad" story.

There's lots of things we just don't know yet.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No I'm not.

Yet you conveniently ignore mels racist remark 🤔

Gammons aren't a race.

It's a state of apoplexy where angry people become flushed in the face due to blood rushing to the head, which happens across all cultures.

And you've conveniently ignored the landlord's tweets.

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Gammons aren't a race.

Snipped 

Tell me, what colour of people are called gammon?

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Snipped 

And you've conveniently ignored the landlord's tweets.

No I haven't. This is the first I've seen of them 🙄

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Tell me, what colour of people are called gammon?

It's usually white, because it took on its original meaning from the Charles Dickens reference during the Brexit debate  - but anyone can be gammon - just like anyone can be nationalistic on ethnic lines.

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No I haven't. This is the first I've seen of them 🙄

So now that you have seen them?

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's usually white, because it took on its original meaning from the Charles Dickens reference during the Brexit debate  - but anyone can be gammon - just like anyone can be nationalistic on ethnic lines.

So now that you have seen them?

its to do with anger rather than colour...or race, its about whining and whinging