Wedding Reception On A Budget

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Bladesbird, have you tried S.U.F.C,  my brother hired one of their function rooms,  great room, long bar, bar staff, and catering staff if required,  he was well happy with the price and service provided. :thumbsup:

No mention of that famous historic inn in Longley then.

On 12/04/2023 at 19:10, bladesbird said:

I am looking for wedding reception venues in the sheffield or near by area. We have been fortunate to have been offered a cancellation at Sheffield town hall, on the 1st of July, so we are not only limited on time but also money. 

I am so envious of everyone that can afford to book these grand halls and hotels but on our budget we wouldn’t  be able to afford it.

can anyone recommend somewhere that could possibly accommodate us?

Many thanks 😊 

Village halls- such as Bradfield, Oughtibridge? There may be local businesses that could cater for you as well (School Rooms at Bradfield, I think there's a cafe at Oughti..).  Advantage is the space and a great big field for young & old kids to run about in. 

On 13/04/2023 at 07:23, SFBeca said:

The Mowbray is lovely! 

Hideaway,  99 Mary Street, Trafalgar Warehouse other options in the city centre. 

Botanical Gardens ceremony then a pub like The Broadfield? Or Picture House Social you can book a room? 

I like the sound of the botanical gardens👍

I am looking for wedding reception venues in the sheffield or near by area. We have been fortunate to have been offered a cancellation at Sheffield town hall, on the 1st of July, so we are not only limited on time but also money. 

I am so envious of everyone that can afford to book these grand halls and hotels but on our budget we wouldn’t  be able to afford it.

Many thanks 😊 

CDYST hall is available to hire, I used it for free but that was for a charity function. Also look at The Real Junk Food project for catering to see if they can donate food. 

You could also buy a plain cake, one of those that come in cardboard boxes and decorate it yourself to look like a wedding cake.

Tesco is good for cheap wine, cheaper than Sainsbury's. You could also make your own punch by buying rum and mixing it with concentrated fruit juice.

You can make some great decorations with craft kits from Wilko.

Taxis/minibuses will get you there and cheaper than hiring a prestige car. 

Have a great day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks 😊 

Do as myself and partner are doing 

We're having the ceremony then descending on Cosmo.