Grand National Protesters Failed !

well what a shower of idiots protesting at the greatest horse race on earth, did you really think you silly little student types would be allowed to get away with halting this great race? no chance it was good to see that the police and racegoers and security were not being soft , i hope they are all nursing some injuries and bruises today.

the irony is you probably caused some of the horses more stress with the small delay you caused and also contributed to the sad fact that some of the runners fell badly and had to be put down. hope you are all proud of that today.

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I can't see why the fences can't be taken away and a have good clean race, hence reducing the danger to both Horse and Jockey, IMO.

you are joking yes?  lets put bubble wrap around them and allow them to trot only!!

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I can't see why the fences can't be taken away and a have good clean race, hence reducing the danger to both Horse and Jockey, IMO.

They call that flat racing.  Fences are essential for jump racing. 

Edited by Axe

35 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

well what a shower of idiots protesting at the greatest horse race on earth, did you really think you would be allowed to get away with halting this great race? no chance it was good to see that the police and racegoers and security were not being soft , i hope they are all nursing some injuries and bruises today.

the irony is you probably caused some of the horses more stress with the small delay you caused and also contributed to the sad fact that some of the runners fell badly and had to be put down. hope you are all proud of that today.

Interesting that you are still providing "... silly little student types..." with publicity.  The protest group could not lose. They got more live publicity because they race continued- and they would have got publicity if the race was halted. The media got their story, viewers and readership, the public got their 'jeopardy' , the Bookies got more free advertising, the individual protestor got their 'credibility', the 'group' will get more members and Grand National Ltd got publicity and their police security paid for. Everybody wins except the taxpayer, punters and a dead horse. 

16 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

you are joking yes?  lets put bubble wrap around them and allow them to trot only!!

I see what you mean,  here is an idea!! Why not re introduce Gladiators fighting Lions/Tigers plus the Gladiators fighting each other to the death,  while we are at it, lets bring back, Bear baiting, **** fighting, and lets make dog fights legal. :roll:

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I see what you mean,  here is an idea!! Why not re introduce Gladiators fighting Lions/Tigers plus the Gladiators fighting each other to the death,  while we are at it, lets bring back, Bear baiting, **** fighting, and lets make dog fights legal. :roll:

You forgot to mention  bringing back proper fox hunting.  Tally-ho

32 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

3 horses died yesterday in this one race. Maybe they need a bit of protection. 

Why not lower the fences and make them safer?

• Like 1