Grand National Protesters Failed !

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You had better tell me when.

saying what you SHOULD DO,  is not telling you WHAT TO DO.

Are you daft or something?   What's that prove?  He would say that,  wouldn't he?

He's on your side because he wants to keep racing and his livelihood going,

How dare he!!!!

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

How dare he!!!!

I know - what a carry on.

Wonder when we are going to see the comeback of bear baiting, **** fighting, bull baiting and badger baiting?

They would provide some much needed jobs like horse racing does.

We may as well show the world that this nation who claimed to be civilised,  was lying as usual.

You don't even realise how stupid your argument is, let alone your level of cruelty.

29 minutes ago, Axe said:

The trainer is in a better position than you to judge whether the delay was a factor in the horse falling on the first fence.   You are ignorant if you do not understand that horses are not use to waiting such along time before a race starts.  Race horses just like like professional athletes have a set routine before a race and any disruption is likely to have a negative impact on performance. 

I would have gone one better than you - I would have let them have a little canter,  for some fun and then sent them home.

Race horses, UNLIKE PROFFESSIONAL ATHLETES,  are not given a choice.

Is that a bit too complex for your mind to understand?

Edited by Organgrinder

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I know - what a carry on.

Wonder when we are going to see the comeback of bear baiting, **** fighting, bull baiting and badger baiting?

They would provide some much needed jobs like horse racing does.

We may as well show the world that this nation who claimed to be civilised,  was lying as usual.

You don't even realise how stupid your argument is, let alone your level of cruelty.

I would have gone one better than you - I would have let them have a little canter,  for some fun and then sent them home.

Race horses, UNLIKE PROFFESSIONAL ATHLETES,  are not given a choice.

Is that a bit too complex for your mind to understand?

What a drama queen!!!

😂😂😂

Unfortunately you are never going to have horse racing that is risk free for horse and rider . If you’re on the side of the argument wanting the national banned then all horse racing would have to be banned, which is fair enough if that’s what you believe. But if you’re not vegan and don’t use animal products then I’m afraid you would be a bit of a hypocrite to think this way.

Race horses are probably the most pampered animals on the planet . I’ve been to worse 5 star hotels than some of the stud farms and training yards ive visited . Even when they retire from racing the vast majority are well cared for .

We can either except a small degree of risk or ban the sport . On balance I vote the former 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, atticus said:

Unfortunately you are never going to have horse racing that is risk free for horse and rider . If you’re on the side of the argument wanting the national banned then all horse racing would have to be banned, which is fair enough if that’s what you believe. But if you’re not vegan and don’t use animal products then I’m afraid you would be a bit of a hypocrite to think this way.

Race horses are probably the most pampered animals on the planet . I’ve been to worse 5 star hotels than some of the stud farms and training yards ive visited . Even when they retire from racing the vast majority are well cared for .

We can either except a small degree of risk or ban the sport . On balance I vote the former 

Better do some fact checking about that.

That's what they would have us believe but, the reality is totally different.

What you have seen proves nothing.  You also don't see much wife beating take place in the street either.

https://www.peta.org.uk/blog/the-grand-national-9-things-they-dont-tell-you-about-horse-racing/

I would ban the lot and encourage sports using HUMANS.

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Apparently those behind the protest support plant based foods and targeted the Grand National to get publicity for their plant based cause.  

1 - You seem to know a lot.

2 - How did you come by this knowledge?

3 - Does it matter?

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Better do some fact checking about that.

That's what they would have us believe but, the reality is totally different.

What you have seen proves nothing.  You also don't see much wife beating take place in the street either.

https://www.peta.org.uk/blog/the-grand-national-9-things-they-dont-tell-you-about-horse-racing/

I would ban the lot and encourage sports using HUMANS.

1 - You seem to know a lot.

2 - How did you come by this knowledge?

3 - Does it matter?

Aye, I am sure there is absolutely no bias on that website whatsoever.

🙄

Edited by Al Bundy

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Aye, I am sure there is absolutely no bias on that website whatsoever.

🙄

They simply love animals.

Are you claiming there is something wrong with that?