Grand National Protesters Failed !

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

No ! Definitely not.

But why different degrees of compassion for different creatures.

There also seems to be different levels of compassion for different racetracks.

Aintree - widespread TV coverage, radio coverage etc.

Sedgefield where two horses died in the same race in November 2022 - not a sausage.

20 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Oh dear you seem to have lost control of your senses

Anyway have a read of this https://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

Then perhaps you were suggesting that people who kill a spider or fly without a second thought are wrong headed.

With that I agree. I put them outside.

Nicely edited to not show the differences. You compared these protestors to the Sufragettes when in reality their actions are nowhere near what the suffragettes were willing to do.

Can you imagine a suffragette meeting 

Lizzie Baker - I left gunpowder at the side of the stage at the theatre and attempted to light it

Mary leigh - I threw a hatchet axe at the PM but missed, its ok though i got the Irish MPJohn Redmond instead on his ear

Tarquin from Just stop oil - I sat on a snooker table and played with powder paint.

dont even compare these tossers to the suffragettes and their actions

Why do i need a look at the site. I am fully aware that horses die in the name of sport. they also die not in the name of sport same as other animals do. Do you value different animals at different levels?

Coudl i take a guess that you are vegan?

4 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Nicely edited to not show the differences. You compared these protestors to the Sufragettes when in reality their actions are nowhere near what the suffragettes were willing to do.

Can you imagine a suffragette meeting 

Lizzie Baker - I left gunpowder at the side of the stage at the theatre and attempted to light it

Mary leigh - I threw a hatchet axe at the PM but missed, its ok though i got the Irish MPJohn Redmond instead on his ear

Tarquin from Just stop oil - I sat on a snooker table and played with powder paint.

dont even compare these tossers to the suffragettes and their actions

Why do i need a look at the site. I am fully aware that horses die in the name of sport. they also die not in the name of sport same as other animals do. Do you value different animals at different levels?

Coudl i take a guess that you are vegan?

I'm not following these unfocussed rants of yours, are you saying current high profile protestors should be killing people and blowing things up?

That's not something I agree with I'm afraid

Your other points seem to be non-sequiturs so I can't really answer them, but I value everything that's living and since working in a slaughterhouse I've never eaten meat

3 hours ago, Palomar said:

A heroic protest, on similar lines to the suffragettes, it's really brought the brutal reality of horse racing to the headlines.

21 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'm not following these unfocussed rants of yours, are you saying current high profile protestors should be killing people and blowing things up?

That's not something I agree with I'm afraid

Your other points seem to be non-sequiturs so I can't really answer them, but I value everything that's living and since working in a slaughterhouse I've never eaten meat

you were the one comparing them to the suffragettes calling it a "heroic protest" when the reality is Just Stop oil and their ilk are nowhere near the suffragette in terms of protest.

whats heroic about what they did at the national or the crucible? they will be tomorrows chip shop paper just like insulate britain or extinction rebellion.

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

what a bag of bol

Suffragettes

Tried to set fire to a theatre with the PM in it

Threw hatchets at the same PM in public

Threw acid at MPs

Attacked Winston Churchill with a whip

Cut telephone wires

Smashed up galleries

Jumped in front of the kings horses and died as a result

Just stop oil / Extinction rebellion

Sit in the middle of a road

Jump on a snooker table and threw a small bag of powder paint nicked from a kindergarted

Laid down in front of a jump at a race meet

these protestors today are nothing in comparison to Pankhurst et al. Just a set of bored rich kids and oldies with nothign better to do and no point to their actions.

I dont see any racing stopped or curtailed by these idiots, should have just let the race go ahead, see how long Tarquin stayed on the course with 40 horses bearing down on him.

So you think these protestors are not bad at all and just amateurs really compared to the suffragettes?    I wonder why everybody else on your side is up in arms then.  Do they know something that you don't.

They wanted your attention along with everyone else's   -   they got your attention   you are writing about them on here.  Another win to them. 

Just give it time.  It took the suffragettes quite a while but, they did it.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

So you think these protestors are not bad at all and just amateurs really compared to the suffragettes?    I wonder why everybody else on your side is up in arms then.  Do they know something that you don't.

They wanted your attention along with everyone else's   -   they got your attention   you are writing about them on here.  Another win to them. 

Exactly!

Headline news all over the world, and no one gets an axe, gunpowder or bullet in them like some on here want to see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Headline news all over the world, and no one gets an axe, gunpowder or bullet in them like some on here want to see.

This lot want to go back to the dark ages basically,  whilst they brand the protesters as hooligans.

They just don't see the irony of what they say,  and what they like.

20 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I wasn't the one saying they were heroic and compared them to the suffragettes. I just pointed out that this lot are amateurs and will be tomorrows chip shop paper.

Anyone remember the massive impact Stumpy and his lot had?

Whats happeend to Extinction Rebellion these days?

Just Stop Oil will be remembered as the paint people in a couple of years and thats it

they couldnt win a 1 horse race.

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

I wasn't the one saying they were heroic and compared them to the suffragettes. I just pointed out that this lot are amateurs and will be tomorrows chip shop paper.

Anyone remember the massive impact Stumpy and his lot had?

Whats happeend to Extinction Rebellion these days?

Just Stop Oil will be remembered as the paint people in a couple of years and thats it

they couldnt win a 1 horse race.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/apr/19/extinction-rebellion-pledges-to-help-guard-london-marathon-from-protests

It's ok, they have saved the day!!

"I have just come from a meeting with Extinction Rebellion,” Brasher said. “They will be uniquely asking all their participants to help guard the London Marathon. To do something that is quite unique in their history "

He makes it sound like these numbskulls are the SAS!!

😂😂😂😂