Grand National Protesters Failed !

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

3 horses died yesterday in this one race. Maybe they need a bit of protection. 

Why not lower the fences and make them safer?

The have lowered some of the fences and made them safer.  The material used to construct the fences is now less sturdy.  Plastic is used instead of solid wooden posts.  The reason why the Grand National is so prestigious is because it is a tough test for both horse and jockey. If they make it too easy then the event will become just another horse race. 

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

What a great idea.

I would volunteer ab6262 to be the first gladiator in the arena but I don't think he would give us much sport.

Probably show us how to run like an Olympian, but that's all.

I doubt whether he'd do that. I was more imagining this:

Piggyback Ride Fail Heavy GIF - Piggyback Ride Fail Heavy Fail - Discover &  Share GIFs

:hihi:

14 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

What a great idea.

I would volunteer ab6262 to be the first gladiator in the arena but I don't think he would give us much sport.

Probably show us how to run like an Olympian, but that's all.

Absolutely

Jump racing fans should be ashamed that their pleasure costs proud animals lives.

blah blah blah, i bet you want the isle of man TT banned as well along with any sport that carries a bit of danger what a boring life you must lead.

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

The have lowered some of the fences and made them safer.  The material used to construct the fences is now less sturdy.  Plastic is used instead of solid wooden posts.  The reason why the Grand National is so prestigious is because it is a tough test for both horse and jockey. If they make it too easy then the event will become just another horse race. 

Yeah, we know how it works but I would like to make it an equally tough test for you heartless lot too.

Not interested in the jockey, he's doing it of his own free will.

What a sight if we could see Axe and his cruel cronies jumping those same fences with somebody whipping their backsides.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Interesting that you are still providing "... silly little student types..." with publicity.  The protest group could not lose. They got more live publicity because they race continued- and they would have got publicity if the race was halted. The media got their story, viewers and readership, the public got their 'jeopardy' , the Bookies got more free advertising, the individual protestor got their 'credibility', the 'group' will get more members and Grand National Ltd got publicity and their police security paid for. Everybody wins except the taxpayer, punters and a dead horse. 

they actually didnt get anywhere near the publicity or attention they were seeking and rightly so, viewers were not interested in protestors, the public were not looking for jeopardy just a great race, bookies dont need more advertising, they were the ones wasting taxpayers money and also being protected as if they had tried anything in the stands i dread to think what would have happened !! its very sad a horse died in the race and others in the week but its part of our english culture the Grand National we cant change cultures now can we??????? shall we start with FGM???? now thats a culture?

3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

blah blah blah, i bet you want the isle of man TT banned as well along with any sport that carries a bit of danger what a boring life you must lead.

Nothing wrong with TT races.

I used to ride, and build,  motor bikes and loved the TT.

The big difference is, the people taking part are doing it of their own free will and nobody asks the horses.

You are cruel and disgusting and I truly hope there is a pay-back day.

How can one debate with someone who doesn't know that horses have feelings and feel pain, but motor bikes don't?

3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

they actually didnt get anywhere near the publicity or attention they were seeking and rightly so, viewers were not interested in protestors, the public were not looking for jeopardy just a great race, bookies dont need more advertising, they were the ones wasting taxpayers money and also being protected as if they had tried anything in the stands i dread to think what would have happened !! its very sad a horse died in the race and others in the week but its part of our english culture the Grand National we cant change cultures now can we??????? shall we start with FGM???? now thats a culture?

The bit in bold says it all about you.

You are so far distanced from reality that you wouldn't know what culture is if it smacked you in the face with a wet kipper.

Edited by Organgrinder

Yet another example of spoilt bored brats who have everything they want in life but are now stamping their sandals to try and make millions upon millions as miserable as they are.

I've absolutely no doubt that within 5 years it will become too much hassle to hold this superb event in our country and it will be held in the middle east.

I despise these arseholes.

It's no surprise to see the guardian lauding these parasites.

Edited by Al Bundy