Grand National Protesters Failed !

32 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Yeah, we know how it works but I would like to make it an equally tough test for you heartless lot too.

Not interested in the jockey, he's doing it of his own free will.

What a sight if we could see Axe and his cruel cronies jumping those same fences with somebody whipping their backsides.

If they banned jump horse racing then thousands of folk would lose jobs.  Both the hospitality industry and the horse racing industry generate huge amounts of money for local economies as well as the whole economy.

BTW are you a vegetarian?

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Why not shoot the owners , they cause all the cruelty to defenceless animals . beyond belief that race is .

Why not have a new sport,  a skulk of foxes chasing riderless foxhunters !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

If they banned jump horse racing then thousands of folk would lose jobs.  Both the hospitality industry and the horse racing industry generate huge amounts of money for local economies as well as the whole economy.

BTW are you a vegetarian?

Yeh!  It doesn't matter about killing the  horses or the jockey along as huge amounts of money are generated.  :loopy:

2 hours ago, Axe said:

The have lowered some of the fences and made them safer.  The material used to construct the fences is now less sturdy.  Plastic is used instead of solid wooden posts.  The reason why the Grand National is so prestigious is because it is a tough test for both horse and jockey. If they make it too easy then the event will become just another horse race. 

Correct. One of the obstacles was a solid brick wall for the first five years, and since 2009 jockeys have not been allowed to remount.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Absolutely

Jump racing fans should be ashamed that their pleasure costs proud animals lives.

Rubbish. They’re animals aren’t trapped in nets in the forest and forced to race. Why do you think they are alive and then meticulously looked after in the first place.

I was there yesterday - had a couple of the bigots shout “shame on you” at me as a I walked past.

This is a good thread on Twitter  that explains it better than I can 

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Why not have a new sport,  a skulk of foxes chasing riderless foxhunters !

Now that I would pay to watch.

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Rubbish. They’re animals aren’t trapped in nets in the forest and forced to race. Why do you think they are alive and then meticulously looked after in the first place.

I was there yesterday - had a couple of the bigots shout “shame on you” at me as a I walked past.

So you seem to think that, because they are animals, they don't deserve any consideration and only money and your enjoyment matters.

You put the human race to complete shame and the caring "bigots" were perfectly right to shame you. Pity they didn't do more.

Still, from previous similar posts, we already knew what an excuse for humankind you were.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

3 horses died yesterday in this one race. 

Absolute poppycock. No they didnt. Misinformation

Odd how nobody cares about the nag who dies in the depths of January at somewhere like Exeter, or the horses mistreated by the travelling community at Appleby Horse Fair every summer.....

Edited by HeHasRisen

42 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

So you seem to think that, because they are animals, they don't deserve any consideration and only money and your enjoyment matters.

You put the human race to complete shame and the caring "bigots" were perfectly right to shame you. Pity they didn't do more.

Still, from previous similar posts, we already knew what an excuse for humankind you were.

What a drama queen!!

😂

The UK especially cares for poorly animals more than probably the rest of the planet.

The protesters are protesters first and foremost and their cause is secondary.

Their whole point yesterday was to ruin the enjoyment of millions of people and thankfully they failed miserably.

Absolute parasites.