Grand National Protesters Failed !

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think the fact that 3 horses had to be destroyed was a much more eloquent statement against the Grand National than the protesters achieved.

https://www.horsedeathwatch.com/#c=11&j=&g=&sd=01/04/2022&ed=30/04/2022&p=1

Dark Raven (IRE)15 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell - Broke Hind Legs - Destroyed-

Hill Sixteen 15 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell - Broke Neck - Dead-

Envoye Special (FR)13 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell Running Loose - Injured - Destroyed-

46 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Absolute poppycock. No they didnt. Misinformation

Odd how nobody cares about the nag who dies in the depths of January at somewhere like Exeter, or the horses mistreated by the travelling community at Appleby Horse Fair every summer.....

⬇️Well this is rather awkward HHR 🤣⬇️

7 minutes ago, steve68 said:

https://www.horsedeathwatch.com/#c=11&j=&g=&sd=01/04/2022&ed=30/04/2022&p=1

Dark Raven (IRE)15 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell - Broke Hind Legs - Destroyed-

Hill Sixteen 15 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell - Broke Neck - Dead-

Envoye Special (FR)13 Apr, 2023 Aintree Fell Running Loose - Injured - Destroyed-

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

⬇️Well this is rather awkward HHR 🤣⬇️

Three horses didnt die in yesterdays Grand National as Anna B stated.

Prove me wrong.

I mean did you even look at the dates in the post you quoted? One of them was 2 days prior to yesterday.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Three horses didnt die in yesterdays Grand National as Anna B stated.

Prove me wrong.

I mean did you even look at the dates in the post you quoted? One of them was 2 days prior to yesterday.

🤣🙄🤣

Yeah.. right AFTER I posted..

I'll never learn 🤣

I'm not editing it though. I'll leave it as a reminder to anyone else dumb enough to post before checking 😭

One of those three horses didnt even die over fences ffs, was over hurdles, on the normal Aintree course, which could happen absolutely anywhere.

Two horses died in the same race at Sedgefield a few months back. I dont recall a similar level of outrage....

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

One of those three horses didnt even die over fences ffs, was over hurdles, on the normal Aintree course, which could happen absolutely anywhere.

Two horses died in the same race at Sedgefield a few months back. I dont recall a similar level of outrage....

Oh, they aren't the same thing?

I never knew but then I don't follow horse racing.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh, they aren't the same thing?

I never knew but then I don't follow horse racing.

Hurdles are smaller obstacles. Generally 8 jumped every 2 miles on the hurdle course in a race compared to 12 fences on the "chase" course.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

Just got this from Google 

There are two types of obstacle used in Jump racing – 'Hurdles' and 'Steeple Chase' Fences. Hurdles are smaller and are intended for less experienced jumpers, whilst Chase Fences are bigger. Most horses progress from Hurdles to Chases as they age and gain experience.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Hurdles are smaller obstacles.

Cheers for that 👍

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It will be forgotten about until next year when the bored arseholes try and ruin a marvelous event for millions upon millions of people.

• Like 1