Doctors Appointments. Is This True

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh of course. For the record mine hasnt asked me what the issue is ever, and has just put me on the callback list.  So it varies wildly, seemingly.

There should be an email address for the surgery floating around somewhere, failing that write a letter. 

trouble is its the receptionist that checks emails and opens the letters too LOL

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ha. If addressed to the Practice Manager at least the reply would be in his or her name. He should post a letter.

I can now picture RJRB trying everything to get through and the same person is just throwing everything in the bin, slamming the phone down, deleting emails...oh its him again LOL

49 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I can now picture RJRB trying everything to get through and the same person is just throwing everything in the bin, slamming the phone down, deleting emails...oh its him again LOL

Glad you can have a laugh whilst I battle with the receptionist from hell.😅😀🤣

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mandem said:

Our doctors now have an online form to fill in which I find is a breach of confidentiality.  For a start you have to explain what your problem is, surely this should be between your doctor and yourself, not for anybody else to know.  If you are unable (for some reason) to not manage the form, the receptionist will help you, therefore knowing what your problem is.  I find this unacceptable

Are you having a laugh?   Who on earth do you think types the letters and the reports and updates the filing system on your medical records and collates the computerised charts and makes referral calls to all the services or the labs or clinics....   How on earth do you think the surgeries triage intake patients to prioritise them when appointments are being made to allocate them to the relevant person? 

You can't seriously think this is some twee 1920s practice where kind old Doctor Jones does everything himself.  Modern day GP practices have teams of people behind the scenes who know all about every patient and their ailments which will include the receptionists because it's part of their job as gatekeepers.

Just who exactly do you think is going to be reading this stuff you fill in the online form to make a breach of confidentiality?   It's just the people working at the surgery who need to know it and see it.   Besides, just what sort of things do you think they're going to be doing with such information anyway?  An experienced healthcare employee will have seen and heard it all a thousand times before.  There is no novelty in your medical information to them. They're not some bunch of giggling school girls laughing at the dangley bits and rashes.  Is their job.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 3

I now live in Scarborough and it is now 5 weeks to see or even speak to a doctor over the phone.I thought it was a shortage of doctors but on asking around the surgery I was told that it was the number of registered patients to the surgery that was the problem ,it had more than doubled.The council says that the towns population has not changed over the years but I believe it’s the government putting pressure on them to say that.

2 hours ago, fuddyduddy4 said:

I now live in Scarborough and it is now 5 weeks to see or even speak to a doctor over the phone.I thought it was a shortage of doctors but on asking around the surgery I was told that it was the number of registered patients to the surgery that was the problem ,it had more than doubled.The council says that the towns population has not changed over the years but I believe it’s the government putting pressure on them to say that.

You may be right. But the population generally is rising, and we are not training enough doctors.

But most of the problems seems to be about communications, with lots of new methods being introduced, which should be improving communication, but obviously aren't.

They should be scrapped then, or moderated at the very least. I haven't heard one good word said about them, and A&E is paying the price with record numbers of people having to go there in lieu of seeing their GP.

Where did all these ideas come from? And why are people being forced to use them whether they like it or not when they clearly don't work? It needs a serious rethink. 

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You may be right. But the population generally is rising, and we are not training enough doctors.

But most of the problems seems to be about communications, with lots of new methods being introduced, which should be improving communication, but obviously aren't.

They should be scrapped then, or moderated at the very least. I haven't heard one good word said about them, and A&E is paying the price with record numbers of people having to go there in lieu of seeing their GP.

Where did all these ideas come from? And why are people being forced to use them whether they like it or not when they clearly don't work? It needs a serious rethink. 

Agreed but, a serious rethink is not very likely from a government which quite obviously could not run a bingo stall.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Agreed but, a serious rethink is not very likely from a government which quite obviously could not run a bingo stall.

Considering the NHS is on its knees sooner or later someone is going to have to rethink it.

That's partly what the doctors and nurses are striking about. They know that pretty soon there will be no NHS left, and nothing done to take its place.

It's quite obvious to me that NHS, convalescence and elderly care need to be integrated to work together, as that seems to be where the biggest log jam is.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Considering the NHS is on its knees sooner or later someone is going to have to rethink it.

That's partly what the doctors and nurses are striking about. They know that pretty soon there will be no NHS left, and nothing done to take its place.

It's quite obvious to me that NHS, convalescence and elderly care need to be integrated to work together, as that seems to be where the biggest log jam is.

Stop it,  they’re striking for dough.