Doctors Appointments. Is This True

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

This is what I meant when I said my surgery was closed. The waiting room which used to have chairs for 30+ and was even equipped with a little play area for children, is now always deserted. Nobody waiting at all. Still can't get an appointment for weeks.

Sounds like our surgery.

Guest makapaka

We must be really lucky - in all my life I’ve never had a single problem getting an appointment at our doctors.

just ring up - Get an appointment - and go.

58 minutes ago, makapaka said:

We must be really lucky - in all my life I’ve never had a single problem getting an appointment at our doctors.

Sounds wonderfully old fashioned. Lucky you. 🙂

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Good question.

Being dealt with over the phone. 

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Fair enough but what happens with us usually is that you go in a queue and then after about 15 minutes you get cut off, so it's more a case of just ring up and get no result. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Mine still allows us to book online. Just had a look, no appointments available for 1 month . Last time  I went to doctors for bloods , I was sat in surgery for 20 minutes alone . 
Where are all the ill people?

In this particular instance for a routine annual review,the month wait would not be a problem.

However I have failed in the daily lottery of telephone appointments and the Telex number (😳😁)on the website and letterhead is not recognised.

Purely academic as I don’t have a Fax and neither does the surgery apparently.

Anyway my e mail to the manager has been acknowledged but she is not in until tomorrow.

I will share any answers to my questions 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took a little while ,e mails and telephone conversations but success!

I argued against their interpretation of the new NHS contracts and whilst there was no admission on their part,the website now has provision to make future appointments by e mail and a sign has appeared on the surgery door to the same effect.

There is a more detailed blurb on the telephone booking option.

I was informally told that anyone turning up at the surgery as it opened HAD to be seen by a doctor and said that this should be no longer than a half hour wait.

This is not generally publicised but the way that I was told that applies to any surgery.

• Thanks 1