Just Stop Oil Cretins Stop Snooker At The Crucible

32 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You lot are amazing.

I have been posting for yonks about the lack of law & order in this country and nobody's much interested.

Now that it impinges on 2 of your favourites sports, you are almost ready to bring back hanging.

I just shows how selfish you are, that you don't care about anything unless it affects you personally.

Just let your house get torched and your car disappear, and you suddenly want law & order back,   BUT NOT RAISE TAXES TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!

Calm down.

The snooker didn't affect me personally one iota as I wasn't watching it.

So you think the protesters would stop if we raise taxes?

You seriously can't be that naive, are you!

21 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

no jail does nothing and doesnt deter, i and many others would love to see the birch brought back its the only thing these idiots would understand and it would stop a lot of other petty crime also!

You might be surprised to learn that birch didn't deter either.

Funnily enough, even hanging didn't deter from murder.

One day, people will realise that jail sentences which allow prisoners to play pool, snooker, computer games and TV's,  also don't deter.

Is there no one with a brain up at the top.

You need long HARD jail sentences that include WORK, as they used to do, and you need properly paid employment to stop people drifting into a life of crime in the first place.

Crack down on crime really hard - not these 2 week purges now and again.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Calm down.

The snooker didn't affect me personally one iota as I wasn't watching it.

So you think the protesters would stop if we raise taxes?

You seriously can't be that naive, are you!

Don't just read the little bits you want to read whilst ignoring the problems.  You righties are good at that.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

One day, people will realise that jail sentences which allow prisoners to play pool, snooker, computer games and TV's,  also don't deter.

You need long HARD jail sentences that include WORK, as they used to do, and you need properly paid employment to stop people drifting into a life of crime in the first place.

Don't just read the little bits you want to read whilst ignoring the problems.  You righties are good at that.

surprisingly i dont disagree with you there about making prisons and working prisoners harder with little comforts just basics.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Do you think raising taxes would stop the protesters?

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do you think raising taxes would stop the protesters?

That is not what I said at all.

We need a comprehensive plan for the country to make sure that everyone works for a start BUT, people need to be paid a realistic wage so that crime doesn't seem more enticing.

That means we need real jobs  creating to replace lost industries, and that means other than serving burgers and pizza's

We need police forces that are made to get outside where the public are and where the crime is and they need to prove they are doing what they get paid for.

We need governments who are bound by law to keep promises they make to get elected and we need MP's and ministers to be completely above reproach in their personal lives or else.

There is far far too much money wasted by councils and government due to lax systems, idleness, fraud and general corruption on a very large scale.

The people need more power to stop things which are quite obviously wrong, illegal and unfair so that, on rare occasions we can quickly bring to book, those at the top..

I expected that the only bit you were interested in was regarding taxes so YES, let's frighten you,  if it's necessary to raise taxes on the rich (who are the only ones with money and assets),

then that will have to be done.  You have had a good ride for many years and those at the bottom need helping.

You won't like it but neither will you like more mass protests, mass riots or anything else which will upset your comfortable little life.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

We need a comprehensive plan for the country to make sure that everyone works for a start BUT, people need to be paid a realistic wage so that crime doesn't seem more enticing.

That means we need jobs real creating to replace lost industries, and that means other than serving burgers and pizza's

We need police forces that are made to get outside where the public are and where the crime is and they need to prove they are doing what they get paid for.

We need governments who are bound by law to keep promises they make to get elected and we need MP's and ministers to be completely above reproach in their personal lives or else.

There is far far too much money wasted by councils and government due to lax systems, idleness, fraud and general corruption on a very large scale.

The people need more power to stop things which are quite obviously wrong, illegal and unfair so that, on rare occasions we can quickly bring to book, those at the top..

I expected that the only bit you were interested in was regarding taxes so YES, let's frighten you,  if it's necessary to raise taxes on the rich (who are the only ones with money and assets),

then that will have to be done.  You have had a good ride for many years and those at the bottom need helping.

You won't like it but neither will you like more mass protests, mass riots or anything else which will upset your comfortable little life.

I would add that I think need a system where the inadequate, substance abusers etc have to go to change any anti social behaviour, get a basic education which would make them employable. Obviously any addiction to illegal drugs will have to be stopped and  addiction to alcohol addressed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That means we need real jobs  creating to replace lost industries, and that means other than serving burgers and pizza's

You sound like a bitter old man that begrudges  anyone that has done well in life.

What went wrong for you and why do you assume I have a comfortable life?

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You sound like a bitter old man that begrudges  anyone that has done well in life.

What went wrong for you and why do you assume I have a comfortable life?

Possibly because you spend all day scouring the Guardian for sexist and racist articles :hihi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do not understand why the broadcaster showed the footage of the attack on the snooker table.  If a protester invades a football pitch during a live match the cameras never show them.  The worry because there is no deterrent is that more of these protests and vandalism will continue to happen at high profile events.  We have already seen a horse die and there is a possibility an onlooker could have a heart attack at a future incident. 

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

I do not understand why the broadcaster showed the footage of the attack on the snooker table.  If a protester invades a football pitch during a live match the cameras never show them.  The worry because there is no deterrent is that more of these protests and vandalism will continue to happen at high profile events.  We have already seen a horse die and there is a possibility an onlooker could have a heart attack at a future incident. 

I mean, horses die fairly regularly during horse races, all of them are televised in the UK.