Just Stop Oil Cretins Stop Snooker At The Crucible

Barry Hearn just on the BBC then saying he was compiling a class action on behalf of the 400 or so ticket goers in that half of the theatre on Monday night.

As much as I support that, good luck getting money out of a penniless student.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Please quote a post that confirms your accusations of me being racist.

Highlighting sexist and racism and taking about it does not make it racist.

We shall all be waiting.

Either put up or shut up.

Thanks.

I will

Doesn't it show how weird you are when you make so many references to peoples colour or race?

Whos "WE"?      presumably you and that idiot who thinks he's god?   I'm shaking in my boots.

I will put up  alright.

Don't thank me,   for I will never do anything for you which might deserve thanks.

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I will

Doesn't it show how weird you are when you make so many references to peoples colour or race?

Whos "WE"?      presumably you and that idiot who thinks he's god?   I'm shaking in my boots.

I will put up  alright.

Don't thank me,   for I will never do anything for you which might deserve thanks.

Still waiting.......

25 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Still waiting.......

Yes do.  It might keep you from that guardian rag for a bit.

Anyway, don't hold your breath - I'm not in a hurry

Caught an interview on tv this morning with what was said to be the heads of both Extinction Rebellion & Just Stop Oil.  Apologies, didn't catch either of their names but there's a major demonstration planned for London this weekend. 

The woman representing Extinction Rebellion stated that they have met with the organisers of the London Marathon due to be run this coming Sunday & that none of their members / followers will disrupt the event.   She encourage people to go London this weekend & engage with them & listen to what they have to say. 

The man representing Just Stop Oil stated that their actions of disruption & non-violent protest would continue, where ever & whenever they saw fit to get their message across. 

Edited by Baron99

8 hours ago, Meltman said:

With proper maintenance and treatment cars should last a long time, it's often the owner who wants to change the car for another reason , not because of a problem with it. For what it's worth, I have a vehicle on the road which is just over 50 years old, it's seen more salt than you have and it's perfectly fine thank you.

Depending on your definition of "a long time", this is cobblers.

Let's assume your definition of "a long time" is 50 years.

If you spend enough money on a car you can keep almost anything on the road, classic cars etc. But, assuming you need someone else to do the work, and the vast majority of people do, it would cost an absolute fortune.

I have just changed my car from a 2006 Focus (which was 16 years old when I got rid of it), a car which is supposed to be galvanised (but that's a bit of a con because that would only be pre-galvanised not hot dipped, the latter would last for 50 years). I looked after it and had the rust sorted regularly but it was going too far. Cars rust, all of them (apart from Deloreans....), and the average age of a scrapped car in the UK is 14 years. When they ban the sales of new petrol and diesel cars that average age will go up significantly, but there is no way on God's earth it will go up to 50 years. Not on Fantasy Island.

Well OK maybe on Fantasy Island it would because it's hot and they don't use salt in their roads.....

3 hours ago, prince al said:

Why is there so many empty chairs at the Crucible? It’s embarrassing for Sheffield.

No, its embarassing for World Snooker.

They have, in their infinite wisdom, decided that the first few rows are now part of the "Century Club". These tickets are essentially VIP ones, you get a lunch, booze etc, and they cost a silly amount. For that reason, they arent selling. Nothing to do with "Sheffield".

Its also the reason Just Stop Oil managed to easily get tickets the other day.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Your entire argument is wrong.  The reason being that the government has not actually done anything yet,  WHICH IS WHY THE PROTESTERS ARE PROTESTING.

The government has done a lot of talking, as usual, but have not done one single thing about climate change.

Whether it's possible, when they do finally decide to act, is neither here nor there. There is an agenda to follow and eventually, they will have to start following it.

Whatever anger arises will be the same anger as the "poncy middle class students" are feeling now, and   I'd like to bet you wouldn't dare call them that except behind the safety of this forum..

You are just another loud mouth who has found something else to shout about.  Why don't you stop shouting, follow the "ponces" and start doing something instead.

Just a lot of hot air like the government.

>> I'd like to bet you wouldn't dare call them that except behind the safety of this forum<<

I can assure you'd I do rather more than call them poncey students to their face if they were stopping me from getting my flight.

>>The reason being that the government has not actually done anything yet<<

What an absolute load of cobblers you talk. They have shut all the coal fired power stations for a start, one of the main reason electricity prices (which are now tied to the price of gas) have gone through the roof.

BTW are you saying that the government will not actually carry through the laws they gave passed to ban the fitment of gas boilers, the sale of petrol and diesel cars ?

Personally, I certainly hope so.