Just Stop Oil Cretins Stop Snooker At The Crucible

11 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Your mate because, you are a tory voter and voted Johnson in.

I really would get your mate Steve69 (or whatever his name is) to search through all my previous posts, he obviously has loads of time to do that judging by how often he has done it in the past, including stalking me all over the internet !

I voted Labour at the last general election actually. In fact, I have frequently stated on this forum that up to 2021 I had never voted Tory in my life. It was Covid that opened my eyes to the fact my freedoms are at stake and Labour are even worse than the Tories in that regard.  A lot worse in fact. Remember Starmer in July 2021 ?

11 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You need to be careful with the "poncy"  word.  You are really overdoing it this morning but, you are doing it the cowards way - from in hiding.

I'm not hiding, anyone who wants to can come down to my shop, best phone first to make sure I'm in. Where do you work BTW ?

Edited by Chekhov

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Depending on your definition of "a long time", this is cobblers.

Let's assume your definition of "a long time" is 50 years.

If you spend enough money on a car you can keep almost anything on the road, classic cars etc. But, assuming you need someone else to do the work, and the vast majority of people do, it would cost an absolute fortune.

I have just changed my car from a 2006 Focus (which was 16 years old when I got rid of it), a car which is supposed to be galvanised (but that's a bit of a con because that would only be pre-galvanised not hot dipped, the latter would last for 50 years). I looked after it and had the rust sorted regularly but it was going too far. Cars rust, all of them (apart from Deloreans....), and the average age of a scrapped car in the UK is 14 years. When they ban the sales of new petrol and diesel cars that average age will go up significantly, but there is no way on God's earth it will go up to 50 years. Not on Fantasy Island.

Well OK maybe on Fantasy Island it would because it's hot and they don't use salt in their roads.....

My suggestion is for you not to assume...you know what that can do! My definition of a long time was not mentioned despite you assuming it. You seem to latch on to something to try and defend your statement that cars are banned in 2030. I will repeat, as others have  they are not banned. Some will not survive  and not many will last 50 years   a number that you seem to think is relevant to your cause. In my opinion by the year 2030 all cars will be made better and last longer than those made at present. Your Focus did well lasting 16 years considering. 

49 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I really would get your mate Steve69 (or whatever his name is) to search through all my previous posts, he obviously has loads of time to do that judging by how often he has done it in the past, including stalking me all over the internet !

In your dreams,  Mr Justin Suck the joy out of everything  Smith.

I see you're still chasing your own Tail, woof woof 🤣

Video This 🏊‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'm not hiding, anyone who wants to can come down to my shop, best phone first to make sure I'm in. Where do you work BTW ?

Don't forget to wear a mask or you'll be breathing in a years worth of dried Rats Pee ☠️

12 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I voted Labour at the last general election actually. In fact, I have frequently stated on this forum that up to 2021 I had never voted Tory in my life. It was Covid that opened my eyes to the fact my freedoms are at stake and Labour are even worse than the Tories in that regard.  A lot worse in fact. Remember Starmer in July 2021 ?

Steve69 is completely independent contributor from me, I don't know the bloke and have never spoken to him as far as I can remember.  We do appear to have similar views but are not working in unison.

I was completely surprised to find that you had voted for labour because you come across as a typical Tory to me. However I accept I was wrong in this instance.

Although you say that you made this clear on the forum, I must have missed it because most of your posts are about Covid and I find what you say to be childish and skip to another subject.

I remember Starmer alright.  Starmer is the reason why I will not vote for Labour even to get rid if this bent, lying, deceitful government.

Besides which, I believe the Tories should be made to clear their own mess up before they are kicked out.  We know they are just dying to blame Labour for all the things they have done.

I still think that you are wrong to publicly call people ponces, when they are doing something that you dare not do.   

Instead of whingeing non stop, like you do over Covid, they get on their feet and take action whilst you make a lot of blather but do nothing so they show some guts whereas you don't.

It's even more foolish to invite people to your shop for further argument after you have insulted them and I suspect you have some anger control issues.

I am retired due to my age, mid 80's so I don't work anywhere except regarding my computer and my music at home, which I still like to enjoy.

If you watched the news last night, India is soon to overtake China as the largest nation on Earth when everybody knows we need population control or we will ALL starve.

As those 2 are going the opposite way, any climate change measures we take, will not produce the desired results but, I am not prepared to write off my descendants for short term pleasure.  ARE YOU?

Edited by Organgrinder

11 hours ago, Meltman said:

In my opinion by the year 2030 all cars will be made better and last longer than those made at present.  

Why, when they have had well over100 years to perfect decent rust proofing, do you think they will crack it in the next 5 years ?

Actually these days it isn't just about rust proofing, it's about the fact are so bleedin' complicated to repair. It's not just all the computers and stuff, it's the fact they are ever more complicated and they stuff all that complication into ever more inaccessible spaces. Just changing a soddin' headlight bulb can be a major operation......

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

most of your posts are about Covid and I find what you say to be childish and skip to another subject.

It may be a lot of things, and it may be stuff (or fcats....) you disagree with, but it is most certainly not childish.

Suppressing society is anything but childish.......

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Why, when they have had well over100 years to perfect decent rust proofing, do you think they will crack it in the next 5 years ?

Actually these days it isn't just about rust proofing, it's about the fact are so bleedin' complicated to repair. It's not just all the computers and stuff, it's the fact they are ever more complicated and they stuff all that complication into ever more inaccessible spaces. Just changing a soddin' headlight bulb can be a major operation......

I didn't say they will perfect it but it will improve....it's improved since you Focus was made and will continue to improve .

The "complicated to repair " bit is another issue and I agree with what you say. There's probably a good reason for making routine jobs difficult, it stops the owner from saving money and makes sure that the dealer/garage gets the work. 

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I still think that you are wrong to publicly call people ponces,

Yeah OK, fair enough.

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If you watched the news last night, India is soon to overtake China as the largest nation on Earth when everybody knows we need population control or we will ALL starve.

As those 2 are going the opposite way, any climate change measures we take, will not produce the desired results but, I am not prepared to write off my descendants for short term pleasure.  ARE YOU?

I am in favour of proportionate and pragmatic environmentalism.

To take some examples, I am in favour iof subsidised solar panles on people's houses (we even had to pay the VAT on ours....) and I am in favour of exploiting tidal power on the River Severn and accept that wading bird habitats may be affected. But you cannot make an omlette without breaking eggs.

But nett zero at any cost ? Incl making cars, heating and holidays extremely expensive ? Maybe even rationing them ? No.

Edited by Chekhov

44 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It may be a lot of things, and it may be stuff (or fcats....) you disagree with, but it is most certainly not childish.

Suppressing society is anything but childish.......

Don't completely understand that top line but,  it's childish because you don't just make a point but constantly repeat it every day for months.

Our governments have always suppressed society.   It's just that they now do it without fear of consequences because they have realised that we,  and you,  are easy meat,  with no comebacks.

Now we have some groups,  who you call ponces,  who are standing up against government authority ( in other words,  doing what you dare not do ),  and you insult them.

They sound to me like the guys who might put a stop to suppressing society but you certainly won't with your childish whinging and picking on the wrong people.

I have been running my car for 17 years now. It still looks and drives like brand new because I look after them. I would say it would manage another 5 to 10 years yet without problems.

I can have a new one if I want but, I don't want one because they are mostly ugly and never stop their damned beeping at you. I like cars and not computers with wheels.

I am not throwing a fit like you though because I understand that change is coming ( more than you think ) and I'm happy to lead a quieter life than I did.

Buy yourself a quality car in 2029,  look after it well,  and it will still be running,  up until 2050.  What more can you ask.  It's just your impatience and bad temper that's spoiling life for you. 

the "ponces" must be laughing at you. 

Edited by Organgrinder

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Steve69 is completely independent contributor from me, I don't know the bloke and have never spoken to him as far as I can remember.  We do appear to have similar views but are not working in unison.

I was completely surprised to find that you had voted for labour because you come across as a typical Tory to me. However I accept I was wrong in this instance.

Although you say that you made this clear on the forum, I must have missed it because most of your posts are about Covid and I find what you say to be childish and skip to another subject.

I remember Starmer alright.  Starmer is the reason why I will not vote for Labour even to get rid if this bent, lying, deceitful government.

Besides which, I believe the Tories should be made to clear their own mess up before they are kicked out.  We know they are just dying to blame Labour for all the things they have done.

I still think that you are wrong to publicly call people ponces, when they are doing something that you dare not do.   

Instead of whingeing non stop, like you do over Covid, they get on their feet and take action whilst you make a lot of blather but do nothing so they show some guts whereas you don't.

It's even more foolish to invite people to your shop for further argument after you have insulted them and I suspect you have some anger control issues.

I am retired due to my age, mid 80's so I don't work anywhere except regarding my computer and my music at home, which I still like to enjoy.

My self and most of my family are Tories.

As a whole we are law abiding and incredibly generous. We have a large circle of friends from both sides of the political fence, we give to many charities and my father does voluntary work for St Luke's hospitals.

We have all worked full time extremely hard and tried to make the best of our lives, our family has no convictions, causes no problems, pay our taxes and help anyone who would require it, without hesitation.

Personally, I spend nearly all of my spare time trying to rescue and re-home stray animals which leaves me out of pocket. 

Typical Tories eh!!

I suggest you engage your brain or take your head from inside your backside and stop being so pathetic.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My self and most of my family are Tories.

Who knew :roll:

Personally, I spend nearly all of my spare time trying to rescue and re-home stray animals which leaves me out of pocket. 

Come off it... when you're not trawling The Guardian website looking for stories to trigger yourself, or welded to your keyboard victim blaming on this forum...

...can only possibly be about 30 minutes left each day! :hihi:

I suggest you engage your brain or take your head from inside your backside and stop being so pathetic.

Pop the dummy back in! :hihi:

• Haha 2