Welsh Labour Wants To Hand £1,600-A-Month To Young Migrants

3 hours ago, redruby said:

What’s the problem? There are lots of nice 3 bed semis in the suburbs available for anyone who rocks up on small boat.  There aren’t any young people in full time work struggling to afford to get on the housing ladder after all. There’s even loads of very decent council houses and flats for anyone in need.  It’s all in very good repair with no mould or damp and lots going spare. And of course all British people are super rich, not just a privileged few so giving out a universal basic income to small boat arrivals isn’t a problem at all. There’s no British people having to rely on food banks or anything like that.  

The cost of living is at its lowest and no one is struggling with energy bills or owt, so  I can't see why the Goverment can't foot the hotel bills and pay them £1,600 a month, the british people are having it off!  :roll:

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The cost of living is at its lowest and no one is struggling with energy bills or owt, so  I can't see why the Goverment can't foot the hotel bills and pay them £1,600 a month, the british people are having it off!  :roll:

People are spending more on holidays despite finances being squeezed by the cost of living, travel agents say.

Several holiday companies and tour operators said demand was high with bookings surging in early January.

👍

3 hours ago, redruby said:

What’s the problem? There are lots of nice 3 bed semis in the suburbs available for anyone who rocks up on small boat.  There aren’t any young people in full time work struggling to afford to get on the housing ladder after all. There’s even loads of very decent council houses and flats for anyone in need.  It’s all in very good repair with no mould or damp and lots going spare. And of course all British people are super rich, not just a privileged few so giving out a universal basic income to small boat arrivals isn’t a problem at all. There’s no British people having to rely on food banks or anything like that.  

Let's not forget how respectful to women all these young men from 3rd world and Islamic countries are. I expect they'll be forming gangs to patrol our streets and protect young women from all the dangerous white men.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

People are spending more on holidays despite finances being squeezed by the cost of living, travel agents say.

Several holiday companies and tour operators said demand was high with bookings surging in early January.

👍

Maybe because its actually cheaper to be abroad than in the UK at the moment

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Maybe because its actually cheaper to be abroad than in the UK at the moment

Oh I am sure.

Just pointing out that folk are still going on holiday and unessential spending is up 11% this year compared to last and every airport I go to is always packed.

Yet all we hear is that folk are struggling!

50 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh I am sure.

Just pointing out that folk are still going on holiday and unessential spending is up 11% this year compared to last and every airport I go to is always packed.

Yet all we hear is that folk are struggling!

Historically what really suffers first when people are struggling is that they dont upgrade their white goods or electronics like phones  and TVs

They make them last another year or two

Same with cars

Then people, stop going to bars and restaurants so they order takeaways instead

But people will always find the money to get at least one holiday a year

Whats the point of working all year if you cant get 2 weeks on a beach somewhere

More for mental health then anything else

Edited by Jack Grey

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Whats the point of working all year if you cant get 2 weeks on a beach somewhere

More for mental health then anything else

What can people do on a beach and for how long,  is it safe to go in the sea where you are?

I used to take a lot of magazines to read,  volleyball is fun though.

Edited by cressida