Welsh Labour Wants To Hand £1,600-A-Month To Young Migrants

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Not a case of who ever,  Labour will be in Power and normal service will be resumed.  :wave:

I will guarantee that Labour will not do anything more to resolve the boat arrivals or reduce numbers .

I think they won't pursue the Rwanda scheme but I don't think they have any other alternatives in mind and for those millions of people that don't like hotel occupants, small boats, homeless etc etc, we will be having the exact same conversations. 

Of course...

If Labour do get in, all these migrants need to do is claim they are 'trans', then the government will bend over backwards for them! 

Probably kick all of the 'phobic' women out of refuges so that the trans migrants can be housed instead...

Guest makapaka
On 18/04/2023 at 18:12, The_DADDY said:

The Government would effectively be paying them both living costs and lawyers' fees to prevent them from being deported.

Asylum seekers in Wales will get a £1,600 monthly payout in Wales under plans put together by Labour. Young migrants would receive universal basic income, without being deprived of legal aid under the plans. The Government would effectively be paying them both living costs and lawyers' fees to prevent them from being deported.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1759420/Labour-migrant-plan-wales-monthly-payments

Your thoughts?

Looks like the usual race baiting by the express.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Looks like the usual race baiting by the express.

Just scanned the article... i can't see where it mentions the ethnicity of these 'asylum seekers' and 'refugees'.

Many reports i've seen claim that a portion of these people in boats are from eastern Europe - Albania was mentioned. Are Albanians not classed as white?

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

In France they live in tents, so why put them up in hotels over here, just give em tents.  :roll:

I realise I am wasting my time but this is how France actually deal with asylum seekers. 

https://annuaire.action-sociale.org/etablissements/readaptation-sociale/centre-accueil-demandeurs-asile--c-a-d-a---443.html

Directory Reception center for asylum seekers (CADA)

'The Reception Centers for Asylum Seekers (CADA) provide refuge to people who have requested asylum in France. While their application for refugee status is being examined, asylum seekers can benefit from accommodation, administrative support to help with the asylum application procedure, social support which includes access to medical care, schooling for children and financial assistance for food needs. CADAs are usually run by charities or private companies.

The reception of asylum seekers in France is in accordance with the Geneva Convention of 1951 , which defines international obligations in terms of the protection of refugees. Under this convention, the French state funds Centers d’Accueil de Seekers d’Asile to provide shelter and support to people in vulnerable situations.'

Ignorance is not bliss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigPP said:

I realise I am wasting my time but this is how France actually deal with asylum seekers. 

https://annuaire.action-sociale.org/etablissements/readaptation-sociale/centre-accueil-demandeurs-asile--c-a-d-a---443.html

'The Reception Centers for Asylum Seekers (CADA) provide refuge to people who have requested asylum in France. While their application for refugee status is being examined, asylum seekers can benefit from accommodation, administrative support to help with the asylum application procedure, social support which includes access to medical care, schooling for children and financial assistance for food needs. CADAs are usually run by charities or private companies.

The reception of asylum seekers in France is in accordance with the Geneva Convention of 1951 , which defines international obligations in terms of the protection of refugees. Under this convention, the French state funds Centers d’Accueil de Seekers d’Asile to provide shelter and support to people in vulnerable situations.'

Ignorance is not bliss.

So why so many tents?

1 hour ago, BigPP said:

Ignorance is not bliss.

Your ignorance is .

What’s the problem? There are lots of nice 3 bed semis in the suburbs available for anyone who rocks up on small boat.  There aren’t any young people in full time work struggling to afford to get on the housing ladder after all. There’s even loads of very decent council houses and flats for anyone in need.  It’s all in very good repair with no mould or damp and lots going spare. And of course all British people are super rich, not just a privileged few so giving out a universal basic income to small boat arrivals isn’t a problem at all. There’s no British people having to rely on food banks or anything like that.  

• Like 1